Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Meet the New Kid

She's In the Water, Finally
I've had an awful lot of folks stopping by here in the last couple of days looking for Zumwalt stuff. This I base on the search terms people use to get here which would give at least this. Which is a post I wrote back in January. About a project I was on before going into exile.

Without going into details, let's just say that "that which was old, is new again". Because this could turn out to be a temporary affair.

Now, that being said, here's a link to a rather nice article about the Zumwalt of much more recent vintage than the piece I did so long ago. It has pictures too. Like the one above (which is where I got it).

So head on over there, enjoy and perhaps stop back here when you're done. I'd be very interested to hear your take on this 21st Century "marvel".


I ignited a bit of a firestorm on Facebook when I posted a couple of Zumwalt photos yesterday. There are many strong feelings on this topic, as there should be. Remember, it's our tax dollars paying for it and our kids who will be serving on it. So yes, we have a stake in it's ultimate success or failure.

I have my opinions, but I'll keep those on "close hold" for now.

8 comments:

  1. One thing really stands out for me.
    The ship looks a lot like the ironclad the South named Virginia (formerly USS Merrimac).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking it looked like the ship in one of the more recent James Bond movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Curtis' take on the whole event, actually. Happy Faces and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. I'd say more but...

      Let's just say that there are good things in this ship that are not readily apparent to outsiders.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.