Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Time Stood Still

Apparently the final report of the National Transportation Safety Board on Lex's accident has been released.

While I don't have access to a link to the final, formal document this link has all the data used to build the final report.

A word of caution, if you have no desire to relive the events of that day, over two years ago, don't chase the link.

I did.

Once again, time stood still.

Just as it did on the 7th of March, 2012.

Lex is gone, nothing will change that.

I picked at an old wound.

It still hurts.

We won't ever forget you, Captain Carroll F. LeFon, Jr.

Rest in peace, Sir.


Photo courtesy of Brigid

14 comments:

  1. That's a very nice picture. Sorry for your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read most of the Chairman's report, including two of the interviews. I prolly shouldn't have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here.

      But I'd rather know, than not know. If that makes any sense.

      Delete
  3. Think I'll pass. Lex was doing what he loved to do and needed just a smidgen more luck than he had available. Nothing in an official document will change that or the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise choice Juvat. It was something I had to know. But I don't recommend it.

      Delete
  4. I'm not going there. I knew the man and his wife. I asked them to dinner.

    He went, as his wife knew he would. Age was not going to mess with him.

    He made that clear and obvious as the truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that Sir, I really do. Since then I've met Mary and she is a wonderful person. As The WSO said, "I' just know she was a great Skipper's wife."

      I had to know, I understand why someone would not. Cap'n LeFon died doing what he loved.

      Delete
  5. I did not open the link. I don't want to know the details. My imagination is too vivid as it is. Rest in peace dear Lex. We remember.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks very much for your wonderful tribute to Lex.
    He often spoke with love and humour of his family in his blog. With him gone, I often worry and wonder how they have coped since. Does anyone have any news of how his wife, daughter and son are faring?

    Marc
    PS: OldAFSage, sent you an email on the gmail address.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Marc. I'll be responding to your e-mail shortly.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.