Friday, June 17, 2016

Dude, Lighten Up

RAF Typhoon FGR4 at Nellis AFB (Source)
Okay, lately I've been all grim and serious. While that isn't really in my nature, I can get that way when I let the world get under my skin. I'll go back to being serious soon enough as I'm sure the world will once again impinge upon my normally sweet disposition.

But, in order to bring some goodness and aeronautical wonderfulness to you, I have again gone out to the Tube O' You to bring you some videos of things painted gray and going fast. I mean we can't always be gloomy and pessimistic now, can we?

We've talked about the Mach Loop in these spaces before, with video outside the cockpit and inside. Though that last one was a Harrier and he wasn't as low, nor as fast, as this chap.

Enjoy...



What the heck, you've all been very good this week, here's another low level gray thing going fast. (What, did you think the Navy wouldn't get a mention? Northern California though, not the Mach Loop.)



You did go full screen, right?



16 comments:

  1. Critique: Typhoon: Chatty Bastid! Pretty high at times. "Lead's six is clear" Is His?
    Hornet: Down and dirty, well done. Lead's six was clear. Nice use of positive g in the ridge clearing. Got ALL the WAY down to 500'! Gutsy move to raise your visor and take off the mask on a low level. Birds have a nasty way of showing up when you don't expect them too. (But I wasn't there, so who am I to critique?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure the Typhoon driver was providing the narrative for a reason. But yes, pretty garrulous for a Brit.

      Yeah, visor up at low level seems to be tempting the fates. Of course, I always shudder when I see the sleeves of the flight suit rolled up and the finger tips cut off of the gloves. Fire ain't your friend. The positive G on the ridge clearing was fun, almost tilted my inner ear.

      Delete
    2. I didn't roll up the sleeves (when I was flying at least), but the finger tips were cut off my gloves. Easier to find buttons and switches by feel that way. Besides, the tips of the fingers always wore off well before the gloves were ready for replacement.

      Delete
    3. Good point on the gloves. I do recall trying to run checks in the cockpit in the winter in Korea. Had to take the gloves off.

      Wasn't ever a problem on Okinawa though.

      Delete
  2. Need a bigger screen!

    Re Typhoon, here's an oldie but a goodie. https://youtu.be/CqGZqyUwxZc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fighter pilots rule! Bugatti drivers drool! God's G will beat you every time.

      Delete
    2. Neat clip of car versus jet.

      Delete
    3. But Juvat's right.

      Jets rule.

      Delete
    4. Ha! That got some Fighter Pilot juices flowing!

      Delete
  3. Gonna watch 'em full screen as soon as I get on the PC.
    Long road trips can even out the stuff that messes with our usual nature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best ride was an A-6 through the Cascades from Whidbey to Fallon... Truly an e-ticket ride!!! Too bad there weren't light video cameras back then...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheesh! Very jealous. My only ride was in a L-19.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.