Thursday, July 28, 2016

It Is Done...

(Source)
Yes, she sang today.

Not much had changed since yesterday when court recessed for the day.

Apparently this made both parties to the case nervous.

So...

While things did end, they ended in a less than spectacular fashion. Let me say this though, justice was served.

The AAR will be published on Saturday, much to think about, much to write about.

One thing I found amusing, the case ended in the middle of my speech to my fellow jurors regarding our duties as citizens and the need to limit the power of the State.

I daresay I would have had them singing had I'd gone on much longer.


(Source)
Yes, I do tend to over-dramatize things.

Why do you ask?



16 comments:

  1. We await the AAR with bated (or perhaps, in this case, *baited*?) breath... :)

    Good on you to keep focused on one of our duties in this republic.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim. Heck, someone's gotta do it, right?

      Delete
  2. Sounds to me like there may have been a preemptive move on the part of the attorneys?

    As they say in the auld sod, cac a tharlaíonn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, preemption was involved.

      As to what they say in the Auld Sod, Is ea a dhéanann sé.

      Delete
  3. Darn! I had a riveting photo-montage on tap for tomorrow. 50 pictures of the Chili-Dogs at the Air Force Museum's snack bar!

    Glad you're done with it and am looking forward to your stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have Chili-Dogs too?

      I am so going next year...

      Delete
  4. What language did you use when addressing your fellow jurors?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I was being tried I would want you on my jury...unless of course I was guilty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hhmm, I can't imagine you committing a crime.

      You might butcher a pun from time to time, but that's not a crime, is it?

      Delete
    2. I assume mixing metaphors is a misdemeanor....

      Delete
    3. Hahaha! I certainly hope so. Otherwise I'm screwed.

      Delete
  6. That is an Americanized version of the French painting. The French would have painted it anatomically correct.

    Paul L. Quandt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I follow you Paul. But I will look into that. I'm all about truth, justice, and accuracy in art reproduction.

      :)

      Delete
  7. Will the guillotine be making an appearance in Providence? les esprits curieux veulent savoir. Or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As cool as that might be...

      No. Nolo Contendere, time served. Details tomorrow.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.