Tuesday, July 22, 2014

My Son-In-Law

My Son-In-Law
(Taken at sea, note the "Cruise 'Stache")
I have two daughters, the youngest (that would be The WSO) is married to that dashing young man in the sexy aircraft above. That's a Rhino (the jet, not the pilot) also known as the F/A-18E Super Hornet. The son-in-law is known as Big Time to his squadron mates in VFA-122. I don't know what his students call him (for he is that most lofty of individuals, an Instructor Pilot, or IP), but in his old outfit (VFA-136) they christened him Big Time. (Now there's a story which bears telling. Not today though. I need clearance for that.)

He's a good lad, though he sometimes vexes my daughter. My granddaughter, Little Bit (aka Baby Big Time) adores her Daddy. He's teaching her to play golf. She's not quite four and she's already a fanatic golfer.


Why, one time at the driving range, when told it was time to head home, she turned to her Dad and said "We need another bucket of balls Dad!"


And so they did. Little Bit got to spend some more time on the driving range, Dad got to watch.


Ah, fatherhood.


But like I said, sometimes he vexes my daughter.


Because they're married (and really, he is a good kid) I don't let it bother me.


Much.


However, I found a lovely item I just have to get my daughter when she returns from RIMPAC. This...




Yup, a Big Time controller.

She may find this useful from time to time.


Not sure how he will feel about it.


I wonder if he can jam the signal while in the jet?


Time to check the NATOPS I think.


Hopefully, that's not classified info.


But then again, this might work on him too...

Works for me.

10 comments:

  1. Scotch that's old enough for a learner's permit would work for me. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Option 2 would work better on me. (Just in case my wife is reading this!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 had some effect on me ...but it wasn't control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big Time has learned moderation since he got married. He still appreciates an aged single malt.

      Delete
  4. My son was an excellent golfer at age 3. It's been downhill since then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROTF... Never will control the ego though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. He's definitely a fighter pilot. Through and through.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.