Sunday, September 25, 2016

An Appeal to Heaven

Between now and the election much will be said and written by both sides. Note that. Sides. We have sides now. We treat each other as enemies, not as fellow citizens, not as fellow Americans.

The rich and the powerful want it that way. They want racial tension, they want us to distrust each other. For only in that way can they continue to do their dirty deeds behind closed doors. Only in that way can they continue to line their pockets while we, the American people divide along imaginary, artificial lines.

It's called divide and conquer and believe me, it is a very effective tactic.

Wake up my fellow Americans, we're all in this together. I don't care about the color of your skin, the language you speak, or how you worship, we need to take our country back from the halls of power. Take it back from corrupt old men who seek only to benefit themselves and their cronies.

This is OUR COUNTRY!

Let's take it back in November.
The people have no other remedy in this, as in all other cases where they have no judge on earth, but to appeal to heaven: for the rulers, in such attempts, exercising a power the people never put into their hands, (who can never be supposed to consent that any body should rule over them for their harm) do that which they have not a right to do. And where the body of the people, or any single man, is deprived of their right, or is under the exercise of a power without right, and have no appeal on earth, then they have a liberty to appeal to heaven, whenever they judge the cause of sufficient moment. And therefore, though the people cannot be judge, so as to have, by the constitution of that society, any superior power, to determine and give effective sentence in the case; yet they have, by a law antecedent and paramount to all positive laws of men, reserved that ultimate determination to themselves which belongs to all mankind, where there lies no appeal on earth, viz. to judge, whether they have just cause to make their appeal to heaven. And this judgment they cannot part with, it being out of a man's power so to submit himself to another, as to give him a liberty to destroy him; God and nature never allowing a man so to abandon himself, as to neglect his own preservation: and since he cannot take away his own life, neither can he give another power to take it.  - John Locke, Second Treatise on Civil Government, Chapter 15, Of Prerogative, Section 168

Here's a little tune from a talented lady. Tip o' the hat to Scott the Badger!





18 comments:

  1. At the risk of repeating myself.

    "OUR Country forever! Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They can't rule over us, unless they divide us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To divide and conquer, add isolate. Much harder to do now with the internet. I speak as an old fart who once distributed mimeographed tracts. The down side is we are inundated with information. Still, how would a senior living on the Front Range be exposed to the thoughts of Rev. Manning (http://atlah.org/) as an example? Or check in on the (P)regressive ideology presented on Common Dreams (http://www.commondreams.org/)? Not to mention the many conservative bloggers who give me some hope. If I'm bat shit crazy, at least I am in good company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many sources of information. Some good, some not so much. But the information is there, no need to be isolated.

      If you're crazy, you DO have a lot of company. Sign me up!

      Delete
  4. Show me a pol who's altruistic and I will show you a guy who probably has trouble raising campaign funds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. You've got a point there Skip. As you usually do.

      Delete
  5. I notice that koobecaf has been pestering me to declare that I'm registered to vote. SMH. Most people I know have not the faintest idea of how this place was designed to work. Most believe to the bottom of their soul that the parties exist to give them other peoples stuff and to punish enemies. And they do.

    There'll come a time when the choices are die right or die wrong.

    I pray for courage and fortitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Koobecaf," heh, I like it. And yes, what business is it of their's whether or not I'm registered?

      Nosy parkers.

      I've been praying a lot lately.

      Delete
    2. You could call it Koobecaf all day and most of it's users would be all WTF, which I have decided means, "Who's the fool?"

      Delete
    3. I like your interpretation of WTF. I will use it, POCIR.

      Delete
  6. OAFS:

    Thanks for the post. Food for thought.

    Paul L. Quandt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need thinking people these days. Most don't.

      Thanks Paul.

      Delete
  7. The story of the pine tree, and it's symbolism is interesting as well.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Tree_Flag

    Note the leader of the pine tree riot, the mill owner mentioned in the article, had the "only in America" name of Ebenezer Mudgett. History - stranger than fiction!

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Tree_Riot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew about the first, not the second. Gotta love New Hampshire! (My parents are both from the Granite State.)

      Gotta love those old timey names too, Ebenezer Mudgett, that's old school.

      Delete
  8. My son is going to be voting in his first Presidential election and I asked if he was ready. He asked who I was voting for, and instead of giving him a name, I gave him the principles that I'm voting for. I explained what my service stood for, how I can't lie, mishandle classified material, and how I work to help this country. Then I explained how each of the candidates align with those principles, specifically as it relates to building jobs. I finished by asking HIM which candidate I'm voting for. He got it right and I will appreciate his help in taking back this country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your son, like his Dad, is a good man.

      I'm sure Mom had a lot of influence too!

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.