Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Visitors!


A gorgeous weekend. The WSO has come for a visit from California, bringing two of my adorable grandchildren. We picked them up Saturday at the airport and had a chance to play outside that very day in our rapidly dwindling snow. No snow at all where they live so we needed to, ya know, carpe diem.

Sunday dawned and it was nearly a perfect day. Temperatures in the high 50s, maybe even creeping into the low 60s. Which for Little Rhody in February feels an awful lot like spring, summer even.

I was out on the deck enjoying the warmth when the senior granddaughter Little Bit came out and announced that we should once again play in the snow. While we still had some. So we did. Snowballs were thrown, hits were registered and a good time was had by all. Even Little Bit's sister enjoyed herself, though she ain't too keen on touching the muddy ground with her bare hands, sitting in the mud, even if accidentally was rather amusing to herself and to the rest of the tribe.

I'm off all week, away from the grind, getting to spend time with my youngest child and her sweet brood. I was going to talk about politics a little, but that can wait.

For now life is just too precious to waste even a moment of and as I have my wee bairns with me, some of 'em at any rate, I mean to make the most of it. So I am going to enjoy this week and not worry too much about the blog. Sorry, but some things come first, other things must necessarily wait. The grandchildren will win that contest every time.

Blogging might be sparse, but who knows, I might squeeze in a post or two between naps. Mine and the grandkids.

Have a great week!



28 comments:

  1. Most excellent priority Sir! They will treasure the memories as much as you will. Life truly is a moving river and we do not get a second chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally I relish politics, but recently? Meh. I'd much rather hear about Lush's littles. (Ok, that sounded dirty, but it's not.) Beautiful day here yesterday in Sandy Eggo too. Even went for a walk in short sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with your family, I'll still be here when you resume posting.

    My best to all,

    Paul L. Quandt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posting may or may not be as "in depth" as it sometimes is.

      I intend to post daily, just might be short. Tomorrow is an exception.

      Delete
  4. My Grandmother used to say her grandchildren were the jewels in her crown. it applies to Grandpas, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarge, Sounds like your fighter pilot daughter is famous!

      Yes...I know she's a back seater....Attitude, not job description.

      Delete
    2. Hey Mark, I'm still waiting for Blogger to allow folks to edit their comments.

      Sometimes the keyboard isn't your friend!

      Delete
    3. Very often not my friend. Left hand not what it used to be.

      Delete
    4. I have the same problem. I'll publish a post (after going over it with a fine tooth comb) then the next morning find more errors.

      Sigh...

      Delete
  6. I have a soon to be daughter-in-law that flies a Foxtrot out of LNAS, too. Says she knows "Lush."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Callsign?

      No doubt LUSH knows her.

      Delete
    2. Hhmm, what squadron?

      (LUSH is a might exhausted tonight, as tomorrow's post will reveal, so her memory isn't firing on all four cylinders at the moment. I'll get back to you!)

      Delete
    3. Not ringing any bells. Her memory is toast. Having two kids apparently does that.

      Delete
  7. Enjoy the downtime and the grands! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erika seems to be a class act. Please inform her that she is Badger Approved.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.