Saturday, April 28, 2012

Ranting and Raving

Now I am generally a calm, reserved, rather shy person.

Okay, I can think of about 350 people who will disagree with that statement.

I do have a reputation for, shall we say, "speaking my mind". It's something that has, occasionally, given my wife fits. Especially when we're in the car, with me at the wheel. I like to keep up a running commentary about the skills and behavior of the other drivers.

The Missus would rather I just "shut up and drive!"

But so far, here on this blog, I've tried to keep things light and humorous. Not complaining so much, just regaling you with stories of my family and the like.

I did start a couple of posts that seemed to be heading towards the "ranting and raving" type of post. But they still sit in draft form, unpublished, gathering dust. Because to tell the truth there are a number of bloggers out there who cover things I get riled up about in a much more sedate manner. How they do it without going postal amazes me. For when I try to write about something which stirs my blood and about which I have rather strong opinions, I kind of lose all control. I will literally start ranting and raving. Have you ever tried to type while ranting and raving?

First of all, spell-checker will eventually quit and just mark everything as misspelled. Not really, but there are so many red squigglies under the words in one of my draft "rant" posts you'd think spell-checker took the day off. And, I'll admit it, I'm a keyboard slammer. I have to realize that no matter how hard I hit the keys, that doesn't really add any emphasis to what I'm trying to say.

So I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if you're looking for incisive political commentary, insights into my view on what's happening in the world and brilliant essays on why LCS is a bad idea (just an example), well you probably won't see it here. I am way too passionate in my opinions to try and put them down in writing and remain coherent while doing so. If you need that kind of thing, check out the blogs I like to read over there on the right side of the screen. Most of those folks can do it way better than me, I'm just not there yet in my evolution as a blogger.

Oh, that photo? Yes, that's one of my cats, Sasha. She has no trouble whatsoever expressing her feelings. Yup, the picture is kind of blurry. Well let's just say that the Nuke, in attempting to take that picture, had the living daylights scared out of her when Sasha reacted as she did. Hence the blur, an action shot using a fairly slow speed camera.

But Sasha made her point that day. Let's just say that the photo represents how I feel about the state of our nation today. Angry.

But I'm not quite ready to rant and rave about it.

Yet.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it is hard to control the keyboard when rants take us over. My suggestion - let them out, let fly with the bold words and publish them!

    At the very least you'll feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sound wisdom. I shall try that out upon my return from Italy.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.