Just sayin'
As seen in last week's post, the builder had got the foundation ready for the concrete.
Progress!
We've now got a foundation, Should be only a few more months before we can move in.
Yes, Beans, my normal Fighter Pilot Patience meter is nearly stuck on zero. The builder is still saying December. Which is getting closer and is also when our lease is up on our current domicile.
So...
| Very clever technique for keeping picture poachers away. Include your hand in the picture. |
One of the highlights of our weekly "chores" is to let our granddaughter entertain us.
We get to have her company Monday and Friday mornings. I'm not sure of why that's the schedule, but I enjoy her presence. Puts a smile on my face, yes it does.
Since I'm still prohibited from driving, smile generators are important. Had the opportunity to go to court and plead my case. The judge was retired Air Force, so I thought I had a chance. Nice guy, funny. However the person sitting on the table to the left was a grumpy old...Don't go there juvat! Well, this is a family blog, so I'll just use the term "Female Dog".
Despite not having had any additional atrial fibrillation events since Oct 31 last year, she was very concerned I might have a repeat blackout incident and therefore couldn't recommend my being allowed to drive. My doctor is very happy with my electrocardiogram results, but what does he know. She's the expert, she's a LAWYER!
No, just a Female Dog!
So, I get chauffeured where I need/want to go. Thank you dear. I know you enjoy the visits to Lowes to look at tools and guy stuff.
Fingers crossed on the home building front juvat, as to getting your driving license back....what was it Shakespeare said about lawyers? Yah, I know about context in that play but still..............:)
ReplyDeleteYeah, the lady wasn't even polite. What a jerk!
Deletejuvat
Still can't drive? Damn lawyers.
ReplyDeleteSarge,
DeleteApparently not until the end of October, when I get another hearing. Which I'm sure will go swimmingly.
juvat
Ugh. How utterly frustrating. Stiff upper lip, Juvat.
ReplyDeleteI believe the actual framing etc. can go up much more quickly once the concrete is cured (says the guy with precisely zero actual construction experience).
THBB,
DeleteThat's exactly what the Construction Boss said. I hope both of you are right.
juvat
Ditto Shakespeare. Hopefully the 1 year point is an automatic default to "drive" and dog woman will lack any option to further torment you and Mrs. J. If not that way, then maybe worth considering getting your own disagreeable lawyer who can dispute her imperious demands and self proclaimed expertise in cardiac medicine. But, only as a last resort. When there is only one lawyer they have little business, but when two are involved the both go away rich and the litigants get hosed.
ReplyDeleteGood on your British kiddy show entertainment. Kids love an audience.
JB
JB, Well, I certainly hope that the 1 year point is successful. I'm seriously considering asking my doctor if he could come or send somebody who knows the record and can testify. Doc is a good guy, he might just agree. We'll see. I'll have to ponder lawyer. Getting tired of this BS and want it to be over, but would prefer it be a bit more justice involved.
DeleteI'm not sure I understand the "British" comment. The picture is of my eldest grandchild who lives about 2 miles from me with her parents and her younger brother. My other granddaughter is in England with her Parents who are assigned at the US Embassy there. They will shortly be transferring to a new assignment to somewhere known as "Down Under". Long plane trip to visit, but at least they speak English and make excellent beer. So...I"ve got that to look forward to. ;-)
juvat
Oops, got the grands mixed up on who was where.
DeleteJB
JB,
DeleteNo worries! Eldest is in England, fixin' to move to Australia. Got to get our Miles up so we can visit down under.
juvat
Now that business in the court with the dog recalls to mind a story about judgements. I'll have to write it up.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to that tale of tails.
Deletejuvat
(Don McCollor) I seem to recall another legal comment..."He who invokes the law takes a wolf by the ears"...
DeleteDon,
DeleteI searched the internet to find the circumstances for that statement. Couldn't find one that was exactly the same, both in verbiage and any consistent meaning. A bit more clues, please?
juvat
(Don McCollor) It's been a long time, but I think it was a Norse adage. Back in the day when there were no lawyers (or judges for that matter), the law was vested in the King and justice was often swift and sharp.
DeleteIf the Doc said you're GTG, WTH is her problem? With that litmus test, you'll never drive! Sorry.
ReplyDeletePretty much exactly that thought. My Primary care Doc is a good guy. Maybe, he'd come along and administer an emergency brain implant on the lady. I'd be happy to render her unconcious.
Deletejuvat
Did you have any cardiac work done to help- ablation, stent, etc? If so, the chances are even lower.
DeleteI'm with Tuna with this one!! Any one of us could have a cardiac event...or a diabetic event...sheesh...
ReplyDeleteOn the other hand, I am sure that Mrs J is using the chauffeur duties as a chance to peruse the gardening section of Lowe's. After all she is going to want landscaping at the soon-to-be finished Chez juvat...amIright?? So multiple trips allows her chances to see what the options are, and then cogitate on what she, and you of course, would enjoy the most. I freely admit my time in TX was limited to a trip to a conference in San Antonio in August, which was lovely along the Riverwalk although HOT was absolutely part of the agenda. I don't remember how hot, but I do remember being glad the 5K run was done at about 6AM and was a lovely 70's degree type run. Not sure what type of landscaping enjoys 100+ degree heat, but I am guessing Mrs J does know. Which is what is important. Just saying.
And, yes, if October is a replay of August in court, then hire a lawyer. If nothing else, they could make Ms Dog show her MEDICAL credentials that she is basing her legal opinion on.
Suz
Suz,
DeleteNot sure about that "soon-to-be-finished" comment, but one can hope. As to the summer comment, this has been the hottest summer we've had in a while.. And since we're now down in the south east corner of Texas, also referred to as the "Swamp" it's not only hot, but something called humidity. West Texas doesn't have a lot of that. Antiperspirant doesn't stand much chance.
You'll probably know if the decision is not in my favor. I wonder if I can get NASA to strap a satellite to my back and I could save them millions in launch cost.
We shall see what we shall see.
juvat
109? You have my sympathy (for whatever that's worth). It was 36 this morning, with wind gusts to 50 mph & heavy rain. 'Sposed to be in the upper 20s tomorrow morning with a frost advisory. Fall is here with a vengeance.
ReplyDeleteRev. Paul (Eagle River, AK)
DeleteRev. Paul,
Yes, it is a bit warmer here in the summer than "up north" but then, that also goes for the winter. Spent a lot of time in Texas I can handle heat better than cold. Hang in there, I'll be thinking of you in, what? A month or so? ;-)
juvat
Laws are for the law abiding. Sorry you qualify.
ReplyDeleteWSF,
DeleteYeah, It's been a pain, but we're getting through it. I think disobeying the Judge's ruling could be an eternal ban on driving. Which would be bad. Hopefully, this is the final decision.
juvat
Oh man, sorry to hear you're still not driving... That sucks!
ReplyDeleteYeah, it is a bit of a pain. I've got to coordinate things that are happening around town and put them in a sequence for her and for myself. Two drivers (and two cars which we don't have now, no need for one at this point), are much easier to settle who's doing what to whom. One driver, means she's got to stop her Travel Adviser trip researching, take me where I need/want to go, then come back and figure out where she was in the process.
DeleteCan't wait til October.
juvat