| Our house to be |
| Horse Barn |
The Horse Barn is coming along nicely. Just ordered the stall fences and gates and as soon as that's delivered (about a week to 10 days), that'll go in and the walls and roof will be installed. Then we'll get the fencing installed for their paddock, hook up water and rescue them from their current accommodations. I think they'll be happy.
This would be the base for my Brother's house. As you can see, the base has already been poured. It's a bit smaller, so a bit easier to do. Also, being August in Texas, a bit more shade is always appreciated.
So...Things seem to be going well. Keep your fingers crossed. Still looking at a December project completion date probably, but one can be hopeful.
Peace Out, Y'all!
juvat
Was wondering how progress was going at the new homestead juvat.....looks like a fair amount of greenery close to your brother's house.
ReplyDeleteNylon,
DeleteIt's 4+ acres all tree covered. Out contractor has agreed with you (and us) that a couple more trees need to be taken down. We told him to go ahead. There are plenty to spare.
juvat
You say "horse barn"; in Britain I think we'd say "stable". Or is there some subtle difference between the two? The stables I knew as a boy always had a hay loft. Is that the difference?
ReplyDeleteDearieme,
DeleteI don't know if there's an "official" name for the housing of horses. If a hay loft is a requirement to call it a stable, then we definitely have a "Horse Barn".. I'm getting a bit old to lift bales of hay up to a loft and bring them back down.
juvat
Thanks for the update, juvat. I was starting to wonder but didn't want to ask. Shame you can't get an overhead shot with a drone. It would be interesting to see.
ReplyDeleteJoe,
DeleteYeah, that would be interesting. I don't have one, but I'll try and ask around. Thanks
juvat
Thanks for the update Juvat! Honestly, at this moment, I am probably more invested in the completion of the horse barn.
ReplyDeleteIt's making progress. Got the fences for the interior stalls yesterday. Then the outside walling and fencing, then horses.
Deletejuvat
Thanks for the update on your project, it's neat to watch!
ReplyDeleteRob,
DeleteI agree, but it’ll be even neater with furniture and two persons in it. Just sayin’ 😉
juvat
It is a good feeling to see progress being made. From experience, when you reach about 95% conpletion, time comes to a near standstill.
ReplyDeleteWay back in the day, seeing a family move into a home we built for them was a wonderful experience.
WSF, yeah I kinda figgered that would happen, but since that’s all the finishing touches you don’t want to rush it and have poor results.
DeletePatience is not generally one of my strengths, but one must try!!
juvat
Great progress, but as you know from experience, there is still a lot of hurry up and wait, and probably couple of "oops" before actually moving in. Horses will probably be the first occupants, and you may even consider a temp stay in the cabin while the big house is being finished. That way the super efficient watch dogs can do their thing, and the whole group will be back together sooner than delaying all until EVERYTHING is 100% finished.
ReplyDeleteI can just visualize your stress level dropping with every incremental progression toward home again.
Enjoy.
JB
JB,
DeleteA pretty darn good summary of the situation. Unfortunately, my brother, who will be living in the cabin, is living with friends and has for quite a while. So, he's going to move in to the cabin ASAP. Which is fine, we're settled in to a rental house that the landlord said she'd extend on a month to month basis, so we've got options. And there's a large fenced in back yard there for the dogs also. So...We've got options.
I'm not overly stressed. Things are progressing. The move in itself may change that a bit, but so far all is progressing progressively.
juvat
I've learned to appreciate blue collar guys who work in hot as hades conditions. I have grown soft in my years and am grateful that I can afford to hire them. - Tuna
ReplyDeleteTuna, agreed!
Deletejuvat