Thursday, October 8, 2026

Nothing to Say

Source
I think I'm going to go deep and run silent for a bit.

The world has gone insane, everyone wants to howl in my face about politics. I've had enough internet for a bit. See you on the flip side. Going to Maryland to unwind.

I've got nothing to say ...



Nothing to Say
Ian Anderson

Every day there's someone asking
"What is there to do?
Should I love or should I fight?
Is it all the same to you?"
"No," I say, "I have the answer
Proven to be true
But if I were to share it with you
You would stand to gain and I to lose."

Oh, I couldn't bear it, so I've got nothing to say
Nothing to say, nothing to say

Every morning pressure forming all around my eyes
Ceilings crash the walls collapse broken by the lies
That your misfortune brought upon us
And I won't disguise them
So don't ask me will I explain
I won't even begin to tell you why

No, just because I have a name well I've got nothing to say
Nothing to say, nothing to say

Climb a tower of freedom paint your own deceiving sign
It's not my part to criticize or to ask you to be blind
To your own pressing problem and the hate you must unwind
And ask of me no answer there is none that I could give you wouldn't find

I went your way ten years ago and I've got nothing to say
Nothing to say, nothing to say

Nothing, nothing to say
Nothing, nothing to say
Nothing, nothing to say, nothing to say
Nothing, nothing to say, nothing to say
Nothing, nothing to say

We'll see how it goes. Posting everyday has become too much. So ...



21 comments:

  1. Drive carefully and have fun! Say hello to the gang for me.
    juvat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Maryland, it's very nice this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the time with family and the fall colours Sarge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what the foliage outlook is for Maryland this time of year.

      Delete
  4. Politics? It is that time of year. Enjoy the grandkids and tune everything else out. Except maybe baseball. Root for anyone but the Dodgers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My restraint finally broke. .

    Nothing to say, you say? You say nothing so well,so eloquently, and at such length that you should stand for office!

    Whew! Feels good to get that out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No need to heap up a bunch of verbiage. Although, wonderful verbiage is the usual form. I bet you could just share a random picture of your choosing, with nothing but the source attribution. Let others comment on it- what is it, what does it represent, is it good art, remind them of anything, etc.

    The sailor and USO chick image is obviously a Coca Cola ad, but almost invites a caption contest...
    "So, sailor, been at sea long?"
    "Wanna see my tattoos?"

    In any case, thanks for the free ice cream, and we'll be here if there is more, or checking anyway.

    Safe travels.
    Brandywine and Chadds Ford with the Wyeth museum are on the alternate route home, although The Missus would love the latter.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No museums on this trip. Just going down to see everyone.

      Delete
    2. " I bet you could just share a random picture of your choosing, with nothing but the source attribution. Let others comment on it- what is it, what does it represent, is it good art, remind them of anything, etc."

      Oh, Lordy!, please don't turn this into a high school Art Appre class!
      I can hear the questions now:

      What emotions were the artist trying to convey?

      Why do yo think he chose the colors he did?

      What colors might have shown those emotions better?
      (Shudder)

      It took me decades to get over the poetry and drama units of high school English.

      Delete
  7. ahem...nothing at all wrong with reading some good poetry to relax and unwind. Come visit anytime :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong at all. Fall leaf guides are good too. 😉

      Delete
    2. awww...you visited. yay! :-)

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.