Friday, May 24, 2013

Time Bandits


Caught this film on Netflix a few days ago. It has been an awfully long time since I'd seen it. I have to be perfectly honest with you. I love this movie.


It appeals to me on a number of levels.

It has history.

It has people in interesting pseudo-military attire.

Like this-
(Sadly, this wonderful actor, David Rappaport, is no longer with us.)
It has John Cleese, Michael Palin and Sean Connery.

It is British humor (though it was produced and directed by a Yank, Terry Gilliam to be precise).

Sound track by George Harrison.


Ah, a fine movie.

I think it's biggest appeal is that it takes me back to a time when I was footloose and fancy free. Living the life of a free spirit with naught a care in the world. Worked during the week, partied all weekend. Very few responsibilities. Very little in the way of obligations. (Not much in the way of brains either, but that's a tale for another time.)

No, I don't miss that at all. Seriously. I love my life as it's turned out and the journey has been nothing short of incredible. But it's fun to remember times as they were. (It all looks much better in hindsight than it actually was!)


Still and all, a fun movie.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're absolutely right. How did I not see that!

      Delete
  2. Does it have Rodents Of Unusual Size (ROUS)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Murph. Though there were rodents, they were RONS (Rodents of Normal Size).

      (Which reminds me, I need to re-watch that movie as well.)

      Delete
  3. OK. I got hold of it and watched it for the first time. Not sure I liked the ending, but other than that...midgets rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The little guys were awesome weren't they?

      (As to the ending, same here, but it's still a nostalgia trip for me. Which is why I like the film so much.)

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.