Thursday, October 10, 2013

No Slack in Light Attack





Like the Man* said.

True now, true back then...


Some cool paintings I've stumbled across here and there on the web of world-wideness.

They've been sitting in a draft post for months now. Had the thought, "Gee, why haven't I published these yet?"

As I had no reasonable answer, I said to myself, "Self. Go ahead, add a couple of lines of text and presto - instant post!"

Sort of.


Oh, the Cranston Fine Arts guys? They're awesome. Check them out.




*Lex, of course.

4 comments:

  1. Bet the pucker factor on the P-47 Wingman in the first picture is pretty high. Learned that lesson on a live Maverick sortie at Red Flag. Suffice it to say, while the target was just a dot on the scope, it quickly became evident that it had begun life as a Dodge Ram Truck complete with hood ornament!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he's pretty low.

      It's all fun and games until you tie the low altitude record!

      Delete
  2. Great good stuff, Chris. I loves me some aviation art and most especially Keith Ferris. His Fortresses Under Fire is THE iconic image of military aviation during WWII, to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. I love that painting. I think if you say "8th Air Force", that immediately springs to mind.

      Good one!

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.