Friday, April 19, 2013

Friends


Had some bad news from a friend tonight. Reminded me of two little guys that shared our lives for a while. That's them up above, Tiger (pronounced tigger) on the left, Pat on the right. Our German cats. Tiger was with us for five years, Pat for ten. They've been gone for quite a long while. I miss them still.

Before them, when I was young, there was Ulysses, the wild little cat we had when I was in high school. He of the one blue eye and the one green eye. Before him was Tommy. Tommy joined us when I was five, left us when I was 17. Tommy was jet black and one of the smartest, most loving beings I have ever met. He'd follow me to school and be waiting for me when I got home.

My grandmother with the farm always had dogs. I've mentioned them before, Tippie and Bimmie. My brothers and I always felt like those dogs were our cousins. They loved us, we loved them.

Some people like dogs, some people like cats. For others it's birds, or a bunny, maybe even a hamster or a guinea pig. But a great many people in the United States have pets.

Those of us who have pets know the love they give us and that we give them. They don't ask for much really. They share our lives, for far too short a time. When they go, it hurts.


But...
There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.

(Ecclesiastes 3)

And then there's this...


In life there is joy and there is sorrow.

But tonight, there is sorrow. Sorrow for a friend and his family. This post is dedicated to my buddy Pinch, and his buddy Boxer.

Peace be with you both, you're in my thoughts, and in my prayers.

May God watch over you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.