Sunday, October 27, 2019

All That Lives Is Born To Die...

(Source)
Like my buddy Glenn said the other day, you can always find a song to match your mood. May not be an exact fit, but the Dave Grohl quote covers that base.

We hear what's in our soul and what's in our heart.



That's the Way
Robert Plant & Jimmy Page

I don't know how I'm gonna tell you
I can't play with you no more
I don't know how I'm gonna do what mama told me
My friend the girl next door.

I can't believe what people saying
You're gonna let your hair hang down
You're satisfied to sit here working all day long
You're in the darker side of town.

And when I'm out I see you walking
Why don't your eyes see me
Could it be you've found another game to play,
What did mama say to me.

That's the way,
Oh, that's the way it ought to be,
Yeah, yeah, mama say
That's the way it ought to stay.

And yesterday I saw you standing by the river,
And weren't those tears that filled your eyes,
And all the fish that lay in dirty water dying,
Had they got you hypnotized?

And yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers,
But all that lives is born to die.
And so I say to you that nothing really matters,
And all you do is stand and cry.

I don't know what to say about it,
When all you ears have turned away,
But now's the time to look and look again at what you see,
Is that the way it ought to stay?

That's the way
That's the way it oughtta be
Oh don't you know now
Mama said.. that's the way it's gonna stay, yeah


Thanks for all the prayers yesterday.

It means a lot. More than you can know.



12 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss. And we are thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. Prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sincere condolences to you and your family for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarge, I don't have the words so I'll echo the others with prayers for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loss just sucks. I can't say I know how you feel, because whatever it is, it's a personal thing. Which sucks.

    We're here for you. And yours. Big shoulders, we got them. We'll stand over you, beside you, behind you, in front of you as long as you need it.

    Go hug your wife. We got this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grief is the price we pay for loving. Yet a life without love is the saddest of all.
    Keep loving those close to you.
    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey AFSarge;

    We will keep the prayers coming...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are our friend, and friends are family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just remember what Badgers say about tears, they are the solvent for the toxins of grief.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know the exact nature of your loss, but I care. And all human loss is worthy of the prayers prayed. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.