Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Milestone Approaching


A million views is probably going to happen on Wednesday.

It's excited I am.

Could I have done it without Tuna and Juvat?

Probably not, I may have given it up at some point without those two excellent wingmen to pick up the slack when I wasn't feeling it, when the Muse decided to be elsewhere, or when I've had holes poked in me for medical experiments reasons. Those two guys have been instrumental in keeping the blog going, they've also brought in new readers due to their aviation backgrounds and the ability to string random words together to present a memorable tale.

Last, and certainly not least, there's no way we could have reached this milestone (okay, we're not there yet, but we're close) without the readers and our fellow bloggers who have thrown the occasional link our way. Those folks on the sidebar can share the credit as well.

But without the readers? Milestones would be meaningless.

This is pretty cool. (Just wish Buck was here to see it.)



22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Joe!

      It's like, like, heck, I don't know what it's like. It just feels good.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. True, we all offer something from different perspectives. It helps.

      Delete
  3. 7 digits is a big day.
    That's the hard million.
    Once you clear that it's all downhill.
    The posts will just write themselves and you will become rich from blogging.
    Or so I'm told.
    Congrats to all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks StevieRayV.

      Yeah, we're gonna need new cars and stuff right? Live the rich blogger lifestyle.

      Ah well, we can dream.

      Delete
  4. Very nice! On this auspicious occasion I should like to say a few words...I should, but all I keep asking myself is...will there be cake???
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There should be cake. And not a virtual one either.

      But, and I checked, that technology (rapid cake delivery to multiple targets from one source) isn't available yet.

      Maybe when we hit the second million.

      Thanks Mike.

      Delete
  5. If delivered cake won't work, perhaps coordinated cake will...

    Congrats and keep up the great work. Youse guys is more important than my morning coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More important than morning coffee?

      It's lonely out there, isn't it?

      Delete
    2. Well, let's just say it can be less than stimulating at times. Cows are good to talk to but they always want to steer the conversation around to animal rights.

      Delete
    3. Steer the conversation...

      I rest my case.

      Hahahahahahaha!

      Delete
  6. I confess, I just come for the stories about hernias. :-) Congrats. Keep spreading the good word far and wide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there aren't that many hernia blogs out there. We fill a niche.

      :)

      Delete
  7. Very cool that you're going to reach a million hits, and well deserved given the excellent and interesting content.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on making a million ( due to my late in the day appearance, I'm sure you have by now ).

    Paul L. Quandt

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.