Wednesday, August 10, 2016

No, I Don't...

Vive L'Empereur - Edouard Detaille (Source)
Do I care who you sleep with?

Do I care how you worship God?

Do I care about the color of your skin?

Do I care where your ancestors came from?

Do I care what political party you belong to?

Do I care what sports teams you root for?

See the post title for the answer to those questions...
However...

I do care whether or not you are loved. There is nothing worse than having no one to care about you. Or to be alone. Or to have never loved.

I do care whether or not you believe in God. Whether or not you believe in Him, He believes in you. And guess what, He loves you.

I do care whether or not you are treated fairly. Treating someone based on the color of his or her skin is not just stupid, it is criminal. I don't care what color you are, I only care if you are a person of character, a person with ideas and thoughts to better all of humankind.

I do care whether or not your culture brings something to this great nation of ours. Whether it be cuisine, or an ancient tradition of lore and history, we're all in this together.

I do care whether or not you stay informed on the issues and that you vote with intelligence and some thought for the future. Hey, we all have to live with our decisions.

As to the sporting thing? I really have lost all interest in professional and college sports. When I was young it was more about building character and teaching team work. Winning is fun, losing sucks. Rooting for a sports team is fun, but jeez, some people get far too carried away with it all. I mean really, you don't actually play for that team. (One too many times of overhearing, "Hey, we won this weekend!" Seriously? You won? I mean I get it, but I don't. Not really.)

I don't know why I threw the bit about sports in, probably because of the Olympics and Tuna's recent trivia posts about that topic. Also it seems to be the one area where we can be passionate about something and not be called an idiot (or worse) for liking something.

I leave you with this...

Is The Donald trying to lose?

Just curious.

(Source)
Wow, that was pretty random. But my mind works that way at times. Don't ask me about my dreams, it would drive a normal man insane.

No doubt Skip will be stopping by and say something about the word "normal." I'm not sure I completely understand the concept, though it can be both boring and comfortable. Often at the same time.

Bis Morgen Kameraden...




Did you know that the German word "Morgen" means tomorrow and morning. So how do you say "tomorrow morning" in German? ...

Morgen früh. Which literally means "tomorrow, early."


Fun facts as The WSO likes to say.



28 comments:

  1. I'm with you...except I hate the Patriots...not the fans, the team...maybe the fans just a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I've seen everyone hates the Patriots except the fans in New England. Prior to their winning four Super Bowls, no one cared about the Patriots. Success breeds hatred in sports. Interesting phenomenon, I wonder why.

      While I like the Patriots I'm not a fanatic about it. I also like the Broncos (I was stationed in Colorado twice and went to college there). I don't really hate any teams, though there are some I do rather dislike.

      Delete
    2. I don't hate Professional Sports Teams. I just have absolutely no interest in them. As I've said before "Grossly Overpaid Thugs!" describes most of them. I acknowledge there are exceptions, but few and far between. Frankly, I have difficulty seeing much difference between Football Stadiums today and the Roman Coliseum of Ancient Times. The antics and actions of Players, Coaches and Fans are disgustingly similar.

      But...That's just me being charitable.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, ya kinda sugar coated it.

      ;)

      Delete
    4. We are in complete accord on pro sports, Juvat.

      Delete
    5. Broncos? Never, since I worked security at the games in the 60's. Yes, I can hold a grudge forever plus it gauls most of my family who bleed orange and blue. Yes, another character defect.

      Trump? All those piling on him now are the same ones piling on in the primaries. The man has his methods.

      Delete
    6. Read somewhere that the donks are starting mark spamcheese tonight (Thurs). SMH

      Delete
    7. Oh dear. I wonder if there will be any "butt fumbles." Which in Jets v Pats game on Thanksgiving Day 2012 was, IMHO, the single most hysterical play in the history of football. Even beat out Garo Yepremian's "pass" attempt in Super Bowl VII. I'm sure most Jets fans would disagree.

      Delete
  2. Doesn't really matter if the fish rots from the head. Rot is rot. Which brings out the maggots and other assorted carrion eaters you see everywhere. It's a boon to those creatures!

    I speak of course of Nebraska Football.

    Great painting, btw. Look at all those Szablas! Someone's liable to get hurt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nebraska football. When I was stationed in Omaha I thought they were having some sort of Commie rally for the first Cornhusker home game in the fall of '87. A sea of freaking red I tell ya!

      And I learned a new word today. So where (and how) did you come by the Polish word for a light cavalry sword?

      Delete
    2. 1987, those were the days!

      This cat has some good and interesting gouge on edged weapons bitd.

      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt14YOvYhd5FCGCwcjhrOdA

      Delete
    3. Oh dear, I can see myself spending LOTS of time at that channel. Great stuff.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Hmmmmmm!
    Normally I might have a comment, what with your challenge, but I didn't have any dream last night.

    The sport thing has kinda got under my skin, too.
    And I am doing my utmost to avoid politics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No dreams last night? Is that (ahem) normal?

      I will occasionally listen to the news on the radio. And it's hard to avoid online, but other than that, I too am trying to avoid politics.

      But that's akin to walking across a pasture and avoiding stepping in a cow pie.

      Delete
    2. More akin to walking across a feed lot and avoiding stepping in a cow pie.

      Delete
    3. You, being a rancher, would know those things. Me, having been a hunter of the white tail BITD, only experienced such things in the late fall.

      And yes, I have triggered the cow pie "land mine." Not a pretty sight.

      Delete
  4. Great post and great comments, thanks.

    Paul L. Quandt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul. We try.

      (And yes, we can also be trying.)

      Delete
  5. I enjoy sports, including professional sports, but I can't say I'm a rabid fanatic. I might have said "we" when referring to the team and their winning record, unfortunately I live in San Diego so that is a rare event. Many of them are thugs but I can't condemn the lot. And as far as them being overpaid, that's our fault. They are paid what the market will bear and the fans are the market. Trump? Meh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm okay with that. I'm just doing my part to reduce the "overpayment".

      Delete
    2. Tuna - The "we" thing is a pet peeve of mine, I'll fess up to using it when Elway played for the Broncos. I was young, I didn't know any better.

      Delete
    3. Hhmm. Juvat agreeing with Tuna.

      I'm sensing a disturbance in the Force. Labor unrest? Are your guys contract negotiations coming up?

      ;)

      Delete
  6. I'm already on strike. At least until I have something to say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Re "Morgen früh" I've my landlord would more often say, "Morgen am Morgen."

    Re Trump trying to lose, I've long wondered if he was a Clinton mole. If so, he's succeeded beyond all expectations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of it depends on where you are in Germany too I reckon. But that latter bit works as well.

      The Clinton mole thing, I have my suspicions there. And yes, you are correct, if true, what a success.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.