Thursday, October 9, 2014

Morning Sky

0700 of an October Morn
After a long and very restless night, in which Your Humble Scribe was debating the relative merits of Blogger versus WordPress with a certain Ex-Bradley Track Commander (whom I'll refer to as Brad for the sake of brevity), I heard the wind in the sails and the sea, she was rising!

Actually it had all been a dream, Brad had nearly convinced me to go all WordPress and abandon the tender mercies of Blogger, my native land as it were. The Auld Sod as it were.

Mark that! I said "nearly" - not going to happen in the near future.

The wind in the sails and the sea rising? Pouring rain like the world was ending and the wind howling like the bean sí of Irish legend was outside and desiring entry into the master bedroom of Chez Sarge. Woke me up it did.

Well, aroused me from a fitful sleep. Tossing and turning throughout the long night I was, with that never-ending dream. That'll be the last time I go through the archives over at Bring the heat, Bring the Stupid just before retiring for the evening. Too much that is interesting, keeping a fellow awake long past his normal bedtime! But it was educational.

Oh, the rain I heard outside, I should mention that I heard it inside as well, bloody window was open. Man the pumps, all hands heave to!

Actually it was to the loo I went for to get a towel. After a quick mop-up, I checked the time.


0530. A good half-hour before the alarm was scheduled to wake me. What the heck, I'm up.

"STAND TO!"

"That'll do Colour Sergeant, that'll do. Release the men to breakfast."

And then from the other room, "Honey, who are you talking to?"

"No one dear, go back to sleep..."

As I went about my morning ablutions I could swear I heard someone mumbling about idiots.


Nah, I think I'm still dreaming.

At any rate, the sky this morning was lovely. As I stumbled out of Dunkin' Donuts with the first of the day's caffeinated beverages*, I looked up.

I liked what I saw, so I snapped a few shots.


To the northeast...
Overhead...

Mornings around here can be spectacular.

But why do they have to be so early?





*Make mine iced, thank you very much.

14 comments:

  1. You're a funny guy Sarge! Must be the Phantom Bite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doc said I was gonna be fine, then the damn boarding ladder hit me "you know where"...

      ;-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I love watching it, especially in stormy weather.

      Delete
  3. I work swing shift...................Sunrise? Nah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I happened across this post. It reminded me that I had opened a diet Pepsi and it is somewhere in the condo. I hate it when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like our sunrises here in Saskatchewan. None of those green things in the way of the sun! Only horizon and sky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, it DOES come way too early... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Properly, it is "heave out and trice up." Heave to is generally a warning. Have a very nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang. Once again my sketchy training in nautical affairs has been found wanting.

      But also once again, a faithful reader has stepped in and shown me the correct path. Thanks Cap'n!

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.