Saturday, May 14, 2016

There and Back Again

(Source)
With apologies to Mr. Tolkien.

Went down to Alexandria, which could be called Hobbiton (those who know will know what I mean). I did not see the Hobbit, as I believe the Kat was in town and I didnae wish to intrude.

There were no actual orcs (though a few who act like that breed were observed), very few elves (at least they kind of dressed like them) and no wizards were spotted at all.

But we're home, safe and sound. The felines are happy, we're exhausted as we didn't get in until after midnight. A long day it was.

More in the coming days as we return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Such as it is...



(Didn't see any dragons either, more's the pity.)



14 comments:

  1. Welcome home, glad you had a safe trip. Looking forward to the after action report and pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always sometimes have mixed feeling about coming home... just like I sometimes always have mixed feeling about leaving.
    What's that all about anyway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is pretty profound. You're right and I need to think on that.

      Delete
  3. John Denver said "..coning home to a place I've never been before."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling. But I've been here many times.

      (And the Rockies do have that effect on some. I blame altitude sickness.)

      Delete
  4. At least the cats have their trained staff back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. While they like the temporary staffers we bring in when we're out, they do prefer the "normality" of having us around.

      Delete
  5. Has The Hobbit moved back to VA? Since you were in the Shire, did you stop at The Green Dragon in Bywater? Supposed to be the best beer in the Eastfarthing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my understanding, the Hobbit has indeed returned to the Old Dominion.

      The best drink I had in Alexandria was at Gadsby's Tavern, the George Washington Tavern Porter. From the President's own recipe I am given to understand.

      Delete
  6. Glad you made it home safe and rescued the felines. You didn't mention Ents or
    Ent-wives. Although Little Rhody is probably better country for Ent-wives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't go very deep into the forests.

      Heh, Ent-wives, I think I saw one once. Haroom, haroom...

      Delete
  7. Hopefully all your travels didn't cause you to miss Second Breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it was touch and go on some days.

      We did miss elevenses once. Only the one time though.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.