Sunday, May 8, 2016

These Are the Voyages...

(Source)
Houston, this is Sarge, over.

Sarge,  Houston - good morning up there!

Smooth sailing so far up here Houston, looks like the East Coast is socked in all the way from the Virginia Eastern Shore up through Labrador. I'm about to wrap up my 63rd orbit of the Sun and wonder if you have any instructions as I commence orbit number 64?

Sarge - keep up the good work, check in with the medical staff periodically and keep on doing what you've been doing.

Copy that Houston.

[Period of static follows...]

.....we.....interrupt....can't....what....try....not....THAT.....dammit!

[Static clears...]

Say again Sarge, your last transmission was garbled.

Yeah, ah, Houston... We have a problem...

Say problem Sarge...

Ah roger, Houston, seems we just accidentally vented the Guinness tank into space.

[A long moment of silence...] 

Copy that Sarge, switch over to the Jameson's tank for now while we work the problem down here.

Roger that Houston. When's the next resupply?

Two days, Sarge. Two days.

Damn. Alrighty then Houston, we'll get by, somehow.

Roger, Houston out.

=======================================================

Yup, today is my birthday.

Don't worry. I'm not really out of Guinness...



 

36 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, you old fart!

    I've had IFE's in my day and done some stupid things, but venting the Guinness tank? No Way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NEVER press the red button!

    A happy and joyous birthday celebration to you, good sir! I even ran the conversation in the NASA com/sat "sound" in my head. Thanks for the belly laugh! Nearly did the coffee/nostril/snort thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!
      That was the effect I was going for. Thanks Bayouwulf.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Sarge! If you were truly out of Guinness we might have to get FedEx/UPS involved for an emergency shipment.

    Funny, that conversation twixt you & NASA was quite believable.

    Glorious weather here today, hope it is in your neck of the woods also.

    V/R,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in Virginia this week. WX in Alexandria is gorgeous. Supposed to rain the rest of the week.

      Delete
  4. Whew! Was about ready to call SpaceX for an emergency resupply mission...
    Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Flugeman. No need foremergency resupply. Yet.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday to you! (And . . . a very merry unbirthday for all the other days of the year!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday. Hope you are celebrating it with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's to enjoying your birthday with Mr. Jameson and Mr. Guiness ,,,but not too much!
    Also, with your daughters

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've no doubt heard of the Constellation Urion. I believe your little switchology error would have resulted in the Réaltbhuíon Beoir. If I'm reading the interweb tea leaves correctly.

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday My Dear Friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday!

    And no one should ever be out of Guinness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Murph. You are right, that should never happen.

      Delete
  11. Happy birthday, Sarge! I thought I heard something about you being a "space cadet" before, but I never believed 'em until now! Bend an elbow for me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, Sarge!
    (Vented the Guinness...My God, man, your writing has become nightmarish!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!

      Yeah, that is too terrible to contemplate!

      Delete
  13. A very happy birthday to you, Sarge!
    That was a scary story. I think I need a safe space and a drink.
    --Tennessee Budd

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday you old fart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! At least I'm not cranky. (I know, I know copyright blah blah blah.)

      Delete
  15. Very creative post! Loved it. Hbdty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday and enjoy. There is a certain satisfaction to getting old. I'm not sure what it is so be sure to share it with me when you figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Belated Birthday! Venting Guinness in such a fashion would be an abuse of alcohol. Hope you had a great one!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.