Thursday, May 26, 2016

Stopping to Smell the Roses

Heading home after a long day...
So after eight straight serious (dare I say ranting) posts. I suddenly felt the need to chop the throttles and slow down. You almost got another rant today after I heard Shrillary shrieking at her feckless followers on the radio. I mean for crying out loud that voice of her's just grates on my nerves. Like fingernails on a freaking chalkboard. (Do the chilluns even know what a chalkboard is? Well, I reckon they could Google it...)

At any rate I switched the radio to the O.F.F. mode and nearly started cussing a blue streak. Then this popped into my head...



Ah yes, the dulcet tones of the Wicked Witch of the West. Well, at least compared to the voice of that screeching harpy running for the Democratic Presidential nomination.

At that point hilarity in the cockpit of the vehicle ensued. Odd considering how traffic was moving at maybe 5 MPH (that's 8.04672 km/h for you metric types, pretty damn slow no matter how you measure it). I'm sure the surrounding drivers thought me a right loon.

So, the political rant I had been mulling over today flew right out the window.



Yup, just like those flying monkeys. (Was that a Trump rally towards the end of that clip? Couldn't really tell in all the excitement.)

Anyhoo, it was a beautiful day here in Little Rhody. So I decided to take the night off. Toss a couple of photos your way, a couple of Tube O' You clips, make good. And we're on our way.

See you tomorrow. I'm gonna go outside and pine for the fjords. Or something...

When the sun shines on the bay...
Red, white, and blue center line. Why I must be on the parade route. What parade? Why the oldest Fourth of July parade in the country. (The world really...)


Do, do, do, lookin' out my backdoor...
(Okay, technically it's the view from my driveway, I claim artistic license.)
The birds they were a singing, the bees they were a buzzing.

Yup, way too nice a day to spoil with a rant.




18 comments:

  1. All in all, they were 8 days of outstanding heart of the envelope posts. But, yeah, it's spring. It's raining, the grass is green and the horse's are happy. 5 days til those pesky teachers leave us alone to take care of the important stuff (no, dear, a paper jam is not cause for us to drop everything. Select the printer in the next room and walk over there.)
    Life is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had some really good numbers in there as well. I mean six straight days of 1000+ hits a day. Yeah, I'd call that a good run. We sparked some excellent comments as well.

      But it's tough to sustain the outrage when the weather is sunny and warm. When there's cold beer in the fridge and a nice table out by the pond beckoning.

      Delete
  2. "...way too nice a day to spoil with a rant."
    So far, so good.

    I have pretty much stopped listening to any of the candidates.
    The scene has devolved to something from Hieronymous Bosch.
    The media wont even cover state and local stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great (and true) Bosch reference.

      You ain't just a pretty face.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Skip.

      You're a scholar and a gentleman.

      Delete
  3. "Idle and boards, my pretty!"

    Great post. Way to combine a super giggle with the pastoral splendor of Rhode Island in spring. Put a smile on my face it did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things were getting out of control. So yeah, idle and boards was the way to go.

      For the non-aviator, idle = throttle to idle, think "take your foot off the gas", boards = speed brakes deployed. What is a speed brake? See here.

      Delete
  4. We had spring on a day last month. The fish are happy, the turtles are looking for someplace to make landfall and the low pressure areas are building in the South West Atlantic. Looking forward to it. As it was said in the Zashnokuma House near Itazuke A.B. in 1963 - "hooray, hooray, the first of May. Outdoor loving starts today!" Probably said elsewhere, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I heard that in Germany as well. (And I think the Germans were serious about that!)

      Delete
  5. Yep, I just got back from 36 hours in the NC Mountains. So relaxing and refreshing. 88 degrees, sunny and oppressive humidity when I left home- 69 degrees, partly cloudy and very low humidity when I got to Boone, NC. Just got some short walks in, drove around in the mountains with some time on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I also needed a break and a mental recharge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would venture to guess that the air up in those mountains is cool, crisp, and delightful.

      (Just did some Google Street View of Boone. What a beautiful place! There's one spot where you move your view down the street and it switches between winter and summer. Breathtaking views!)

      Delete
  6. The lilacs are in bloom next to the parking lot which makes for a nice start of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our lilacs are in bloom as well. (You can almost see one in the last two pictures, though its hiding in the shadows.)

      My Mom had a long line of lilacs alongside the house outside my bedroom window. Loved the smell.

      Delete
  7. It's 87 and humid in Baraboo. Ick. Here's a dinosaur patrolling for your backyard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMXQ1nrzyXs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be pretty awesome. I daresay the neighbor's dog would not be amused!

      Delete
    2. The neighbor's dog would be an appetizer!

      Delete
    3. Heh. His name is Hercules and he is BIG.

      Then again, we're talking dinosaur...

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.