Friday, July 5, 2024

Fate

Source
So, last week, it being the last week of June, I had to take my ride in for a state inspection (if you want to whine about the need for such things, do it elsewhere). Went to the dealership (which is where I have my vehicle maintained and serviced for a long list of reasons, YMMV) and Blue¹ passed inspection with flying colors.

It was a gorgeous Friday morning (I took Blue in in the morning because, alas, that's all they had available), the sun was shining, the birds were singing, and the temperature was nice and warm (we were not having one of those hot and humid days, which was good). But in the abundant fields of Aquidneck Island something was stirring.

As I headed north, watching life in all its glory, there, to my left (point marked "0" on the map above) a white tail deer had decided, for reasons known only to her, to break from cover, dash across a grassy field, leap a low stone wall, and almost (note the word "almost") dash safely in front of a passing motorist.

Source
The "X" above denotes approximately where the deer crossed the wall. She was then struck in her hindquarters by a late model sedan or coupe doing probably around 40 mph ("1" on the map above). This caused her to stumble, I believe she rolled at least once (bear in mind this all transpired in approximately 5 seconds or less) and then at point "2" above, she struck the front of my vehicle and went under the right front wheel.

It seemed like a long time as I listened to the poor animal thumping and crunching along the underside of my Pilot. I had been decelerating but not in time (obviously). Jamming on the brakes was not an option because, well, you had to have been there and seen the geometry of the event. There were also other vehicles on the road.

As I came to nearly a stop I looked in my rearview mirror and saw, in amazement, that the deer was trying to get up and run off. Considering all things, I thought that impossible. Hence the amazement. The deer was attempting to defeat death at "3" on the map.

Yes, there was some colorful language used during these events. Not as bad as some occasions I have employed various Anglo-Saxon terms to indicate my excitement/anger/surprise, but colorful enough.

The orange path on the map indicates my path after the deer strike, the car seemed fine. (Note the use of the word "seemed.") I pulled in at a local tourist attraction's parking lot ("4" above), which was empty that day and dismounted. My first thought was my vehicle.

A cursory examination revealed that the right front fender (mostly vinyl) was askew. Lots of scratches and deer fur were evident down the length of the right side of the vehicle, apparently (and I get it) there was much thrashing on the deer's part as she tried to avoid the terrible fate Nature laid upon her.

Thinking that the vehicle was okay, I walked out towards the road. The poor deer was down, and not moving, at the "X" on the map. She was quite dead, which really bothered me. I hate death only as someone who has seen it can. Especially the untimely death of an innocent creature such as that deer.

Now at this time, it's all over, the deer is a hazard to navigation, she was not a small creature, I'd guess a hundred pounds or more. So I thought to notify the local constabulary. I went with a "911" call as I hadn't really gotten my wits about me yet. As soon as I gave my location, the dispatcher asked, "Is this about the deer?"

"Why yes, yes it is."

"We've already been notified, but thanks for calling, Sir."

Thinking that now I have to look into getting some minor cosmetic repairs done, and thinking that I would call my insurance company when I got home, I absentmindedly got back into the driver's seat and started the engine.

The instrument panel indicated that, in no uncertain terms, my emissions system was All Effed Up (in laymen's terms). Okay, it said "emissions systems," I interpreted that as exhaust and a bunch of other things. Sensors, wires, and other things which a flailing deer, in her death throes, might reach out and destroy while struggling to stay alive. (Deer have very sharp hooves. DAMHIK)

So I called my dealership, told them I had hit a deer and that I was coming back and needed someone to come out and tell me whether or not my vehicle was safe to drive.

"Well Sir, I can make you an appointment ..."

"Look, you're not paying attention. I will be there in 15 minutes, have someone meet me outside the service department. Got it?"

Command voice works nicely, if you've got one.

"Yes Sir, see you in a few minutes."

When I got there, my service tech who had handled the state inspection came out and had a look. First bad sign, can't pop the hood.

"Hhmm, looks like the deer pushed the front grill in. You know Sir, that there are cameras up here and ..."

"Yes, I know that, which is why I'm here. Is my baby safe to drive?"

"Probably not."

We did get the hood open, popped shrouds and other things out of place, but nothing else of a sensor or wire nature seemed damaged. But when he hooked up his little computer to check engine codes and such, he turned to me and said.

"Yeah, there's a lot going on here. Can you take it around to the Collision Center?"

"Sure, no problem."

I had heard "can you go around" not "can you take it around." But after talking to the nice lady at the Collision Center, I brought Blue around. After that we got on the phone with my insurance company.

After establishing my bona fides, I let the two professionals slug it out. I did hear the Honda lady say, "No, I'm pretty sure the deer didn't have insurance." as she glanced at me with a wry smile.

Shaking my head, "I looked but the deer didn't have any pockets, or a purse."

Which confused the hell out of the insurance lady.

Eventually we got things squared away and Honda gave me a Ridgeline as a loaner, I got home about 90 minutes later than I had planned, but that wasn't bad for hitting a deer, getting Blue to the body shop, and then getting the insurance/repair process kicked off.

That Monday I had an email from an appraisal company which said that they would be calling me to make an appointment to look at my car. Fortunately the email had a phone number, which I called.

Seemed that the insurance lady, whom the Honda lady thought was rather a dizzy and confused person, had not told them that my car was already in the shop.

I wonder which part of "No, the vehicle is not safe to operate" she didn't understand.

Fortunately I had another guy from the insurance get in touch and he was much more squared away. When I got done telling him what happened he said, "Well, the lady I talked to who took your call on Friday seems to have gotten nearly every detail wrong."

"Ah, that's nice." I said. Though I'm old and I often tell the same story over and over again, I would at least hope that someone who answers phones and takes down information for a living would do a better job of paying attention.

Oh well.

Bottom line is, the deer did over five thousand dollars worth of damage. The insurance company has already authorized repairs and cut a check and Blue is in drydock for a week or so. Sigh ...

I felt really bad about the deer, but a friend (and co-worker) pointed out that the deer had been badly injured after being hit by the first car, me hitting her a second time was probably a merciful thing. And she's right ya know.

I suppose you can say that it was a good thing my being in that spot at that time.

But I also considered that if I hadn't stopped at the store to pick up some sodas immediately after leaving the dealership, I would have been nowhere near the scene of "deer meets car." I am often amazed at things like that, a minute here, a minute there, and Fate passes you by and affects someone else. Or reaches out and says "Hi there" in its outdoor voice.

Life can be like that.




¹ Which is the name I gave my 2020 Honda Pilot the day I bought her, one, she is blue in color, two, I was not feeling particularly creative that day. The name stuck, I like it, she likes it.

83 comments:

  1. Grateful that you were not injured. The deer was already done before it involved your car.

    Life,what happens while you plan.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh! Sensors, computers and what-not.

    I had a coworker who hit a raccoon and it caused $3200 of damage, so I think you got off lightly.

    Regarding headlamps, some models of vehicles have headlamps that cost $2200 from the regional distributor. But just the side with the computer IN THE HEADLAMP! The marketing/engineers decided to put a computer in the headlamp to perform the blinker functions and then, since there was so much other computational capacity, they off-loaded Powertrain Control Module and Safety functions to that computer. So...the headlight is required for safety and emissions compliance. The vehicle will not run without that headlamp computer.

    So you gotta have it.

    The distributor knows that and has the part priced accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen those vehicles, "Hey, I'm headlight, no, wait, I'm a turn signal." Don't like them.

      Idiot engineers going for fancy, not practical. I see it all too often in my profession.

      Delete
  3. I miss the days when a bumper could hit something and remain a bumper, too many chips nowadays. Small wonder insurance rates are increasing when it doesn't take more than a touch to total a vehicle, yah, slight exaggeration. One good thing Sarge, that deer didn't fly up into the windshield.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to wonder when it will all become too much. My guess is that happens when the average worker can no longer afford to buy a car. Of course, the gubmint wants that, if everyone rides public transport, they're easier to control. Can afford a car? No problem, the gubmint can take over the computer in your car and send you where it wants you. Too many people these days opting for convenience over freedom.

      Delete
    2. Modern vehicles are purposefully designed to crumple towards the crew compartment. Surprisingly, it works and modern vehicles are far safer at most speeds than old time cars. Sadly it does come with a price, that is the crumpling due to energy transfer, which results in some seriously expensive damage.

      Here's hoping it did nothing to the frame. Did it drive okay back to the dealership?

      Delete
    3. Frame is good, no issues driving it from a mechanical standpoint.

      Delete
    4. It has a frame? YAY! I thought they were unibody. Frames are good, in my view. Pleased you are OK!

      Delete
    5. I honestly don't know, I saw the word "frame" on the repair estimate. Might be unibody.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. But ya gotta admit, the deer drew the short straw.

      Delete
  5. Hey OldAfsarge,

    Yeah you are fortunate. and your other posters and readers are correct, the deer was toast already when she tagged "blue." Last time I hit a deer, https://mydailykona.blogspot.com/search?q=Focus%2C+Deer Here is my deer story, cut and paste that on your search bar, LOL, I M Glad you are ok though. Back then USAA did a good job for me. I'm not with them anymore, long story, they changed, and I didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarge,
    The good news is vehicles can be replaced. OldAFSarge's cannot. So glad you're alright.
    Down in my neck of the woods, the road into town follows the path of a river. That river is the source of water for the copious quantities of wild animals in the region. Therefore, animals crossing the highway are not unexpected although it does seem that they do enjoy a bit of excitement in seeing how close they can get to the car without getting hit. There is rarely more than a couple of days without a carcass, or a carcass and a car carcass, on the side of the road. While I am nominally fearless, it is with marked trepidation that I venture into town or back after dark. Just not worth it.
    But, once again, glad you're alright and that your guardian angel was looking out for you. Hope Blue comes back to you, bigger, better, faster.
    juvat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right after the incident, I did think of you and your deer tales.

      Delete
  7. OAFS, glad that only Blue suffered physical damage. It gets so expensive with these modern vehicles.

    I live about 40 miles south of juvat. Some times of the year one will see a deer carcass almost every mile or so along the road. I have had some close calls but have yet to hit a deer. We have a "bonus" down here with Axis Deer (an alien species from India) that weigh about twice what a Whitetail weighs. A few months ago, I was on the way back home after dropping off a friend about 9:00 PM. I noticed a brown flash to my right on the shoulder of the road. The deer had just turned away rather than run in front of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People who introduce alien species of anything are idiots. Think of the rabbits in Australia.

      Delete
    2. And then there are.... the squirrels. We introduced English grey squirrels to North America and they took over. But we also introduced American red squirrels to England and they took over.

      Living in Florida, we have a lot of invasive species. Even up here in North Central Florida. No pythons. Yet. But we do have issues with the 'air potato' and chinaberry trees.

      Delete
    3. SQUIRREL!!!

      I had to do that.

      Delete
    4. Beans, the grey squirrel was introduced to the UK by some aristocrat who had seen them in America and thought they'd be nice over here. The greys rapidly out competed our native red squirrels and as a bonus they also carried the squirrel pox virus, the greys are immune to it but it decimated our native reds. The reds cling on in a few areas aided by enthusiastic grey squirrel culling. The b*****s seem to have degrees in engineering, I've had to take extra measures to protect my bird feeders from them. As for invasive species we have rose necked parakeets which out compete our native birds and are a menace to fruit growers, they are endemic over the SE of England. Deer are a serious problem, we are infested with Muntjac deer, which breed rapidly, destroy trees and are a major traffic hazard, Sika deer are a major problem elsewhere, the trouble is the bunny huggers don't like culling them and nature of the environment makes traditional methods of culling difficult. I'll swap squirrels for pythons any day however.
      Retired

      Delete
    5. Pythons, no, no thanks. I'm with you on that one Retired. "I did think Beans had it backwards.)

      Delete
  8. You're safe and sound, that's the important part. Yeah, it sucks big brown horse apples to kill an animal like that, but deer do the darnedest things.

    Re random events, I don't know if you're a John Hartford fan, but he has a little piece about unconnected, connected random events: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkkOKZYYpJI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't heard his stuff, not a surprise, not a big country fan.

      Delete
    2. Huh! I never really thought of him as country, more folk and bluegrass. But I guess those can be lumped under "country." Also one of the pioneers of "Newgrass."
      Side note about him - he was a licensed riverboat pilot. Died at the ripe old age of 61, non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.

      Delete
    3. For me, if it ain't rock, it's country. (Excluding classical and folk music I guess.)

      Delete
  9. I consider that deer are stupid animals that deserve to be on the table, for those who like venison. My wife and I have been pranged several times over the decades by deer, many of which had already cleared the highway and then inexplicably turned back and run headlong into our vehicles. Sorry for Bambi, but not so much ... the main thing is, you are OK and no one else was injured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they're as smart as they need to be, just that cars haven't been around long enough for them to evolve new behaviors around highways and motor vehicles. Hitting the dumber ones might speed that process up.

      Delete
  10. 'bout 25± years 'go I was doing 40 or so on a backcountry road ohdark humdred, a dark and dingy morn 'twas, when a hefty 6+point blacktail appeared miraculously in my windshield. I tried to swerve my elderly Saab, but hit him indian-side flank. I spun a slow 360 (no traffic) watching him as he limped off into the brush; the old Saab, made of sterner stuff than today's motorized transportation wound up, with a mildly wounded grill and slightly bent right headlamp bezel.
    Yes! I did say "Thank you."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three types of drivers. Those who have hit a deer. Those that will hit a deer. Those who will hit a deer again. Sorry it happened to you. I'm at three.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you're OK. Glad Blue is repairable, and insurance is being good. I've hit and killed three, had a bounced and staggered away with a fourth. I suppose they get away with it, get away witheit again, closer, closer, BANG!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad your ok and Blue should come out of this maybe shiner than when she came in. So, was in my ins. co. office to pay my yearly fee and saw a box said Free, so being who I am, wandered over to see deer whistles. When questioned she said they had noticed when drivers put these on front bumpers, nearly invisible, they had far less deer problems. So, being free I took one for our 2 cars. We drove a lot at that time and always were braking for coyotes, dogs and especially deer. Saw a deer pack with male in lead running for road as I came over a hill. He heard me and swiveled around in mid stride and the entire pack did the same and went back where they came from. Also saw that with dogs. Walmart $6 bucks.

    Wrote this on cousins blog and someone put in 'Well, they only work about 50% of the time. To me, 50% better than 0%.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have yet to hit a deer. Yet.

    Did get hit by a gopher tortoise once, as it got shot out at me and mine by dint of the watermelon seed effect. Took out the left front tire (had to hit the sidewall, of course.) It was like watching an old sub warfare movie. I could see the track of the tortoise torpedo and there was no escape (due to the traffic on I-95 at the time.

    Dangit.

    At least it wasn't a cow. When I was working at the boat shop back in the late 80's, a guy in a van pulling a huge 29' cabin cruiser hit a cow. Mushed up the front end somewhat but flipped the cow into the cockpit of said cabin cruiser. Not a pretty sight to behold, nor smell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tortoise torpedo - that triggered some bizarre pictues in my head.

      Cow? Oh migosh!

      Delete
  15. Sarge, I am one of the those fools that will go out of my way to avoid hitting an animal if I can. That said, sometimes it just happens. To other's points above, it was probably the most merciful thing given the alternatives.

    Any sort of damage to a car anymore is at least $1500. This is one of my more terrifying thoughts, as most of our cars likely fall below that threshold and thus would be totaled, necessitating a new car purchase (for which we will not get near enough money).

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was riding my motorcycle home a week ago from Duxford. I’d one our earlier bade farewell to our friend Comjam. I suddenly heard a voice in my head that said, “Muntjak Deer:”, do I rolled off the throttle a touch and checked my positioning. Seconds later the little **** deer appeared 100 yards ahead on my 11. It backed off just like I did. Call me ‘RADAR’.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excuse above typos. Im still in shock! Hogday

    ReplyDelete
  18. When I was driving through Wyoming and Montana at night, I quickly realized that animals are a particular hazard. A local told me her son totaled his Ford Pickup hitting a deer. If enough airbags go off, it doesn't take much to total a car anymore. Years ago a friend had taken me antelope hunting in Wyoming when a deer (at around midnight) ran across the secondary highway smack into his pickup. We got out and with the flashlight could see the poor animal had severed its leg and my friend had a .22 and put it out of its misery.

    On another trip his father hit one and it hit the right front corner of his house trailer, went inside and bounced around a bit.

    I wonder how many people have been killed/seriously injured by swerving trying to avoid an animal?

    Some years ago when the speed limit in Montana was "safe and reasonable" I thought I was in Nirvana on I-90. Thought it would be like the Autobahn. Started cruising at 90, thought of going into triple digits then realized all the patches and potholes from the brutal winters. Wondered would would happen if I hit a wandering deer at 100.

    These factors served as a natural governor.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're one of the smart ones, taking environmental factors into consideration. Many ain't that smart. Hitting a deer at 100 mph? Probably fatal for all involved.

      Delete
    2. And then there are always moose!

      Delete
    3. Moose are giant animals designed to snap off at the legs and toss their immense bodies through windshields.

      Delete
    4. Unless one is driving a tractor/trailer...

      Delete
  19. Thankful it's only vehicle damage! And I know exactly how you feel - many years ago we hit a deer. She flipped over herself to the other side of the road and lay dead (thank God). We called 911, trooper showed up pretty fast (given that we live in the middle of the woods), and confirmed the deer was deceased. She, being a female state trooper, asked if we "wanted the deer'? At that point I was hysterical about killing the beautiful beast and it ramped up on that question. Hubby said thank you, no. We got our police report (which was necessary back then) and had the car fixed about a week later. (On the question about the deer: in this state, if the person who hit the animal doesn't want it, the State will process the meat for the homeless.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least that meat isn't wasted. Kind of harsh but I get it.

      Delete
    2. There is a Big Cat sanctuary in Sauk County. If the driver of the car doesn't want the deer, Sauk County or the Wisconsin State Patrol calls the cat rescue people, and they will happily come and get it.

      Delete
  20. Could have been worse- Those eastern deer are cute little critters. About the size of a large dog, with antlers.
    Out west, the mule deer are at least the size, weight and momentum of a mule or larger beast. They can do serious damage to vehicles from 4 to 18 wheel sizes.
    Glad you're okay, and Blue will survive to run again.

    On those deer whistles, I've always been skeptical, but they probably don't hurt anything. Unless their dulcet tone is a siren call to suicidal bugs wanting to find a nice windshield.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some white tails can top 200 pounds, but yes mulies are bigger. You don't want to hit either at any sort of speed.

      Delete
  21. Perchance USAA insurance?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Deer are the reason the Sheriff's squads and State Patrol cars here in Wisconsin have extra heavy duty brush guards called deer smuckers on the front.

    I was once coming back one night from a prisoner transfer, and and was out of my jurisdiction. I was unaware that there was another deputy, from another county right behind me, also returning to his county.

    A small sedan was coming towards us, from the opposite direction. A deer ran out of a field, right in front of the small sedan, which was able to slow down almost to a complete stop, and while the deer was knocked down, it leapt up, and took off at flank speed, the way it had come.

    I hit my light bar and takedowns, as did the guy behind me. ( giving me a good scare )

    The small sedan turned around and rabbited on us. But, both of us were out of our jurisdictions, so all we could do was turn on our right alley lights, get out of our squads, watch the deer tear across the field, and wonder why the guy took off on us.

    My Focus has no grille because of a white tail.

    WHITE TAILS, WE HATES THEM, WE HATES THEM FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been advised to never work too hard to miss a deer in the road- often the alternative to hitting a relatively soft and mobile creature is contact with another vehicle, a guard rail, or tree or post, all of which are more dangerous to the driver and vehicle than a deer. Yeah, love the cute critters, but survival of driver, passengers and vehicle is WAY higher priority.

    You made the right choice and ended up with minimum possible damage to Blue and driver.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so at the time, still think so now. Panic doesn't help anything, so you stay cool and calm (as much as possible), controlled crash so to speak.

      BTW, pkg rec'd, thanks!

      Delete
  24. There are other hazards in rural areas. Last summer on a 'dark and rainy night', a classmate and his wife ran into a 1200 lb (or more) black angus cow standing on the highway at 60 mph. They never saw it (black, and cow eyes do not reflect headlights). Their first indication of trouble were the airbags deploying. Uninjured, but the car totaled and the cow hamburger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the scariest thing there, at night, limited visibility, gotta be very careful there.

      Sounds like your classmate and his wife dodged a bullet there.

      Delete
    2. one of my other stories (nothing happened) was a work sampling trip when our planned (everything went wrong) noon departure from Fergus Falls MN to Hudson WI slipped to midnight. It was another 'dark and stormy night' with heavy rain on I94. We had a light 12 passenger van towing a trailer overloaded with equipment and were not going to stop quickly. Our first thought was that our chances of collecting some venison tonight were excellent. On reflection, we decided that with our luck we would more likely mow down a family of skunks (there was chuckling the rest of the way at the fantasy of returning the van to University Transportation with dead skunks dangling from the tie rods).

      Delete
    3. Lots of dead skunks in the road around here.

      Delete
  25. I found something for you. Check out Trident Outlaw Grille Guard. Use as a deer smucker.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Crusty Old TV Tech here. Good deal on the lack of a total-out, roger the sentiment on the critter. We recently had a bad driver crunch in the left rear of our (well, one of the kids) VW Jetta Sportwagen. Looked kinda crunched, but not terrible. Still 100% driveable. USAA totalled it out. I was a bit surprised, but it seems any sort of damage requiring sheet metal banging work (not just R&R) may very well total a car, if it's off-loan.

    As for critters and cars, one of ours got pranged (while owned by the previous owner) by a boar hog. Those things can do some nasty damage. Still finding things not quite right in a minor sort of way from that long ago hog crash.

    Old Southern humor. Why did the chicken cross the road? To prove to the possum it could be done!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Too many years ago, a family friend was crossing over Skyline Drive near Luray, Virginia when he hit a deer. Laws at the time required deer strikes on national parkland to be reported to the nearest ranger station. If desired, driver was permitted to keep the carcass for butchering. Friend dutifully manhandled the deer into the car’s trunk and away he went. Once at the ranger station, he and a ranger proceeded to the vehicle to sort out what’s what. Suddenly to their surprise, a thumping & clanging came forth from the trunk. It’s alive! Ranger quickly disavowed any knowledge of the happening with “it’s your baby, you rock it”.
    Now on a mission, Friend drove to a cousin’s house and great minds quickly developed a plan – if not the THE Plan. Friend climbed atop the trunk with a rope hitched to the unlocked trunk handle. Armed with a rifle, Cuz stood at a distance to the rear of the car. On “NOW”, Friend would pull the trunk lid up and Cuz would shoot the deer.
    All was going swimmingly until the deer saw daylight and overran the weakly defended perimeter. Having regained consciousness the deer escaped into nearby wilds. Trusty old ’49 Ford suffered multiple 30-30 caliber wounds.
    And that's the truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's one heck of a tale, totally possible.

      Delete
  28. Been there, done that, but years ago, in a 71 Beetle. Crunched the right front fender, antler cracked the windshield, but we both went on our way. Slow speed event, probably 30mph, but still no time to react. Replaced the windshield, but not the fender which I banged out with a hammer. Drive it another year until she was replaced by my Ensign mobile. I definitely got off easy in comparison. Glad you were hit by a poor deer and not another car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drove, not drive. Damn autocorrect. Even had to fix it in this comment.

      Delete
    2. Tuna #1 - Ah yes, the '71 Beetle, I had one. A very robust little vehicle.

      Delete
    3. Tuna #2 - I turn off autocorrupt. All mistakes are my own.

      Delete
  29. I’m late to this party …sorry!
    I have hit a deer, a dog, and a cat, although the case could me made that they ran into me. That cat actually made contact with the left rear quarter panel. The dog ran into the driver side door. The deer glanced off the left front fender, leaving no trace. At the time I chalked it up to luck. Now I firmly believe that a Higher Power was involved.
    I recently replaced The Fossil. You may remember that it is a 2006 Honda Accord, whose paint scheme matches another manufacturer’s color known as fossil. Anyway the replacement is a much larger Toyota Grand Highlander hybrid, called the Silver Streak.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Excitement is good they tell. They also tell me that I have nothing to worry about. Glad your OK.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.