Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter

Eugène Burnand, The disciples Peter and John came running to the tomb on the morning of the Resurrection, 1898. Paris, Musée d'Orsay
I have to concur with c w on this one, greatest Easter painting ever.

John. Peter. My two favorite Apostles. Men I can relate to.

The looks on their faces explains Christianity to me beyond what any words can convey.

And from Proof, this magnificent hymn...


May the Lord of Hosts shower blessings upon you.

Now and always.

My Easter is complete.

8 comments:

  1. Jeanie and I hope you and yours and all who read here, had a wonderful Christ-filled Easter time. Our eggs this year were poached and in sauce, no tempuring of the silky smooth cacao for us. Oh no. Evil. Must be disposed of by authorized personnel only

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, it was wondrous. Hope you and yours had a great day.(Evil cacao notwithstanding!)

      Delete
  2. To finish, grandkids claim recent certification.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great painting. I'd never seen it before, so thanks for giving me the thrill. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never seen it before c w posted it. That painting speaks to me on so many different levels. Glad you enjoy it as well.

      God Bless you and yours Suldog.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.