Saturday, July 2, 2022

Not Saying I Deserve a Day Off ...


But I'm taking one anyway.

In the latest book we're rather "between acts." The Battle of Britain continues, but at night, leaving little for Flying Officer Reginald Morley, Corporal Willis O'Donnell, and Leading Aircraftman George Frasier to do. At any rate, they shall soon be taking ship for points out east, Egypt for starters, then the Western Desert to battle the invading Italians. Rommel is coming. Just not yet.

The Russians we met in Finland are back. manning a post somewhere in the vicinity of Brest-Litovsk. Across "No Man's Land" Jürgen von Lüttwitz and company are waiting for Berlin to unleash them against the Soviet Union. Titanic struggle on the horizon. Who will survive?

In other news, when I noticed that the armies I purchased were devoid of Imperial Guard (on the French side) and Highlanders (on the British side), I was a bit miffed. Aha! You can purchase those separately. So I did.

So I figured, while I was ordering stuff, might as well get the Prussians as Amazon has them now. A bit less expensive than the manufacturer, who is way off in Olde England anyway. The frugal (read cheap) Scotsman in me is pleased to got all this stuff at a lower price.

(Source)
They should be arriving on the field on the 5th of July.

I had Friday off, so it's a four day weekend for me. Didn't feel like writing fiction on Friday, so you get this.

C'est dommage, oui?¹

YMMV ...

I'll be back tomorrow, after all, at some point we need to see what the Americans are up to.

Too soon?




¹It's a shame, yes?
Editor's Note: For those of you wondering, I am very aware that this weekend is the anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg. I have written of this event before, no doubt I will again. Just not this year...

20 comments:

  1. Arriving the 5th? AFTER the four day weekend? Yah..... Prussians are always arriving late aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt they prefer the term, "Just in time."

      Delete
  2. Nae worries, Sarge. Enjoy your weekend. Not in much of a celebratory mood myself, so the theme is "They haven't tried to put us in the federal gulag yet"
    Boat Guy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mood has also been strange lately. We live in strange times.

      Delete
  3. Sarge, there is nothing better than buying something one loves and then knowing it is coming in the mail. Yay!

    With Boat Guy, I have to admit I do not find myself in much of a celebratory mood either. I may take a cue from you and buy something I want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buy something, create jobs, boost the economy! (At least that's what I tell myself.)

      Delete
  4. Boss,
    No worries. I got Monday. It's currently in the mental institution, but should be exiting fingertips shortly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Yeah, and since we're under a severe burn ban here, launch extra fireworks for us.

      Delete
    2. juvat the First - When have I ever had to worry about you stepping up? Let me see ...

      Oh yeah, that would be never. Looking forward to it.

      Delete
    3. juvat the Second - It has to be awfully dry down there. Extra fireworks? As in "rolling in hot with a load of snakes and nape"? Works for me with certain ruling entities.

      Delete
    4. What are fireworks?

      Delete
  5. I just looked up the games, there is a lot there! Between getting the armies ready to play and work when do you find time to write about WW2?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking at the new armies as a post-retirement thing, I'm buying now while the price is right.

      But there is this urge to start playing ...

      Delete
  6. You always deserve a day off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard that the limbo was invented by a Scotsman trying to get into a pay toilet in Glasgow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pay toilet! I'd forgotten about pay toilets... I'm guessing that evil still exists in the part of the world I never see.

      Delete
    2. LtFuzz - You'd be surprised the workarounds we wily Scots have to avoid paying too much!

      Delete
    3. Rob - Haven't seen one of those in years. Mercifully!

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.