Saturday, August 29, 2026

Improving, Slowly, But Perceptibly ...

OAFS Photo

Being on one crutch to no crutches is a huge difference.
-- Lindsey Vonn Source

She has a point you know. When I first had the knee go out, my right leg was pretty much useless. I had to hang on to something in order to get from Point A to Point B. The Missus Herself dug out the old crutches from a couple of years back and the movement problem was eased, not great but workable.

After a couple of days of Prednisone and staying off of the bad leg I was moving around a lot better.

Prednisone is all gone now, I just take ibuprofen as needed for both the remaining pain, which there is some, and for the inflammation in the knee. (I'm assuming that's there as after 600 mg of ibuprofen the knee feels much better.)

Down to one crutch now, and if I move very slowly and deliberately I can move around with no crutches at all. While it does cause some stress to the right leg, it's gotten better over the last cuppla days. The feeling of not absolutely needing the crutches though is, as Lindsey noted, a very big difference. One might go so far as to say "liberating."

I hate being laid up for any reason, as things improve my morale gets better and better. Now I just need someone to cut my lawn until I'm 100%.

I contacted a local service and we'll see how that goes. The price was right, i.e. cheap, but I'll have to see what kind of job they do. As long as the lawn looks okay I'm happy with that.

No doubt it won't be to The Missus Herself's standard but until the knee is back up and fully mission capable, we'll just have to make do.

We'll see ...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.