Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sunday Morning


Got up this morning, got ready for church, I'm now waiting for the Missus Herself to get ready, then we'll be off. Have some folks coming over later today for a cookout. And I still need to cut the back 40. Seems that tropical storm that swept through here on Friday dumped a lot of rain. Most of which hasn't soaked in or evaporated yet. So yesterday I cut the front lawn. Today the remainder.

So anyway, I figured I'd throw up a quick post because the opportunity to do so later may not occur. So I thought, "Perhaps a Sunday morning theme?"

Did an image search for "Sunday morning", and it rather amazed me that not one thing came back that was even remotely church-related. I mean you'd think you'd get a few. Not one.

So, still being half asleep, I entered "Sabbath", those of a certain age can imagine what images came back (think Ozzy Osbourne in his younger days). None in the batch I glanced at were even remotely religious. (Some might say they were sacrilegious, I wouldn't disagree.)

That bugs me. We used to be a religious-nation, a God-fearing nation. We have let the smarmy "I know better than you" types take over the country. We've let Hollywood and Madison Avenue dictate our mores and culture.

What the Hell were we thinking?

Regardless of what the a$$hats in the liberal establishment want us to think, this is a nation founded on Judeo-Christian values. Period. Full stop.

They think they've taken away our God and now they want to take away our Liberty. Don't think for a minute that this is not their agenda. It is. My word, I do believe the Anti-Christ is alive and walking the Earth.

Hey Washington D.C., pay attention. This is our country. Not yours.

May you all have a blessed Sunday.

8 comments:

  1. Are you allowed to "STATE" your views of God on a blog? I think that is a violation of the doctrine of "Separation of Church and State."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To paraphrase Louis XIV, "le blog c'est moi". So I think I can get away with it.

      But good question. I don't want to have any constitutional crisis here at Chant du Départ.

      Heavens no.

      Delete
  2. Regardless of what the a$$hats in the liberal establishment want us to think, this is a nation founded on Judeo-Christian values. Period. Full stop.

    The first and last sentences of our founding document... the Declaration of Independence... reenforce your point all too well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad so few in government have any real knowledge of that document. Or the Constitution.

      Delete
  3. Here's something I'm sure you'll like, from yesterday's Boston Herald. Enjoy!

    http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/opinion/op_ed/2013/06/prayer_rallied_nation_on_d_day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Superb article, my favorite part:

      The story of the American spiritual mobilization that made D-Day possible is less well known: largely suppressed by modern pop culture, leftist media and so-called academics who openly mock the values that inspired America’s greatest triumph.

      Thanks for the link Sully.

      Delete
  4. You're preaching to the choir here. It is very disheartening to look further down the road our country is traveling, but to keep talking about it will help.....I hope

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.