Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tuesday, It Rains


Woke up this morning to the gentle drumming of rain upon the window. (Well, compared to last Friday it was gentle!)

It's the morning after my first night in the hotel mind you, so I'm somewhat disoriented. It's always that way on a Tuesday. But it's raining. I'm 100 miles from Chez Sarge, working ten-hour days, living out of a suitcase and it's raining. Does wonders for the old morale it does.

But I'm alive, I'm gainfully employed and I get paid rather well. So I've got that going for me.

But the blog. My poor blog. It's all neglected and what-not. I feel guilty for not posting on Monday. (Thank God for Tuna or there would have been nothing at all for you yesterday. And that would have bothered me.)

I'll try and come up with something today. I hate it when my day job gets in the way.

Ah, to be independently wealthy!


Sigh...

4 comments:

  1. Ah, to be independently wealthy!

    It IS a good gig.

    (Heh. Who am I tryin' to kid?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But it's raining. I'm 100 miles from Chez Sarge, working ten-hour days, living out of a suitcase and it's raining." I love it, sounds like the opening to a bad detective novel...maybe followed by " I was a nursing a hangover, staring at a mountain of unpaid bills on my desk when in walked the dame." I dunno, maybe I should read more non-fiction? I was depressed just reading your blog, I hope the rest of the day went better than the start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. I like your interpretation. The rest of that day did go much better.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.