Tuesday, September 2, 2014

What Video?

Tuesday AM
So, I had this video post I wanted to inflict on share with you today.

What's that? You don't see the video post?

Yeah. About that.

Technology and I had a bit of a spat yesterday.

My cell phone did some things I didn't like.

I said some things I shouldn't have said.

Feelings were hurt, videos did not get posted.

My cell phone will talk to my computer only when it feels like it. Sometimes it wants to be a "device", sometimes the "camera" setting gets the job done.

Last night it wanted to be a "device," eventually it connected and claimed that I had no videos.

Bear in mind this is after I had cut the grass, had a couple of beers and devoured a lovely steak which The Missus Herself had prepared. I was in no mood for extensive troubleshooting. I get to do that at work.

I get paid to do it at work. Not so much at home.

So rather than proceed further, I decided to watch a couple of episodes of Boardwalk Empire.

I feel much better now.

Of course, you don't get to see the video.

Then again, how exciting is watching a 61-year old guy, sweaty and unshaven, sitting in his backyard pontificating about various and sundry topics? While drinking beer.

I watched the video. I found it amusing.


However, I ain't the most photogenic chap on the planet.

So perhaps you should be thankful that technology was not my friend last night.

Perhaps.

12 comments:

  1. That was funny. Better than the intended post, I bet! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I get paid to do it at work. Not so much at home."
    Ain't it the truth, my friend, Ain't it the truth! But it doesn't stop them from asking does it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said some things I shouldn't have said.

    Feelings were hurt, videos did not get posted.


    Hmmm. Methinks there might could be more to this story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really, it is what it is.

      There are days when I hate my cell phone, there are days it hates me. Last night the twain did meet.

      Delete
  4. My cell emails videos to my pc.
    Heck... it emails all kinds of crap to my pc.
    That gives me enough time to rethink whether or not I will post it.
    It's good to have extra filters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My phone whines "But it's too big, I need to shrink it" when I try to do the email thing.

      I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. It can't be the tech, can it?

      But yeah, more filters are good. I don't like to post in anger or after a couple of adult beverages.

      Delete
  5. You have to know how to properly talk to your electronic devices. I usually threaten mine with a ball peen hammer and a pair of dikes. (That's diagonal cutters in case you had any doubts!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was too lazy to walk out to the shed to get my tools.

      (And you taught me better than that!)

      Delete
  6. Very funny, you may not want to try that after a few more "Pumpkin Heads." Well actually I would like to see that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could happen. In fact, at some point it probably will.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.