Sunday, November 6, 2022

Clowning Around

 Ah, music, sooths the savage breast, doesn't it?  Well, some music at least.  In the Beans household, it's usually Mrs. Andrew who discovers new and great music.  Sometimes I am lucky, too.  But mostly, her.

She introduced me to Delerium, A Canadian electronic music group, full of really good music.

Their "Karma" album is rather excellent, one of my favorites.  Soft, soothing and upbeat, rather good stuff.  "Euphoria" (also known as "Firefly" ,) featuring the female singer Jacqui Hunt, is, well, how many times can I say good?



Ah, soooothing and happy music, no?

Well, I also said I occasionally find some music.  So, on my perusing of various yousetub channels, I was offered the chance to listen to "Puddles Pity Party."  Um, yeah.  Sad Clown (really, SAD CLOWN) singing covers of various artists.  Puddles is actually sumdood from Atlanta who went on "America's Got Talent" and did rather well.  He now makes yousetub videos and they are rather great.  Yes, sad clown, but the guy has a great voice and great stage presence.  

WARNING:  IF YOU HATE CLOWNS, DO NOT LOOK FURTHER.

So here's a cover of David Bowie's Space Oddity (the Major Tom song.)



Speaking of space oddities and such, you are following The Silicon Greybeard, right?  He's one of the best news aggregater for space news.  The Silicon Graybeard  Seriously, check him out if you have the least little interest in space stuff.

Do you like Simon and Garfunkel's "Sound of Silence"?  Well, Puddles does SOS.


And then there's "Losing My Religion" by REM...


Want to clear your head with a different look on 'modern' songs?  How about Postmodern Jukebox?  Sweet sounding nightclub singers and music done in nightclub jazz, blues or big band style.

Like Radiohead's "Creep" (one of my favorites by them because it's soooo darned autobiographical.)


Or Soundgarten's "Black Hole Sun", originally a Seattle grunge-metal song.


Aerosmith's "Dream On."


Yeah, doesn't hurt that the ladies all have... great voices.

That's all, Folks.  Peace out, y'all.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the suggestions. There is so much great music to be heard.

    Gabriella Quevedo has a tubes channel and her acoustic guitar covers are great.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. Wife especially loves acoustic guitar.

      Delete
  2. I was flipping channels in the toobz when I discovered a channel called Morphy. The Stone Rebel band is Fwench and their music is ear candy to me. I know it helps me concentrate on things. I got a ton of paperwork done a few weeks ago that usually is hard to complete, but the time just sailed by and I got it done at one sitting. If I'm doing a mundane task, I'll cue them right up. And if you haven't heard Iron Horse's cover of Enter Sandman, you ain't living right. A bluegrass cover of a Metallica song??? Oh baby, it's some good stuff. Great show today, Beans. Thanks for the music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, two more rabbit holes to chase down. Thanks for the tip.

      Delete
  3. Beans, one of the better things about the InterWeb is the fact that artists can get a lot more exposure a lot more quickly (and yield direct results from their efforts, not funneled through the "system"). I enjoy the instrumentals more - and to STxAR's point, sometimes you just find that genre or group that helps things get done faster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And even better about these modern times is people are producing 'record quality work' in their... garage, basement, whatever. Watching Puddles you can see the evolution of his sound garage from when he first started to now.

      Delete
  4. Stellar choices Beans. Off to listen more while the leaves dry a bit before raking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, raking. Bleh. That means we're about to get the annual fall of sweetgum balls (spiked-naval-mine-seedpods-from-Hell) soon. Which definitely need to be raked.

      Delete
  5. Covers or not, that clown guy creeps me out, but I love me some Postmodern Jukebox and that Haley Reinhart is great to listen to, not to mention easy to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew there would be someone creeped out by Puddles. Knew it. PMJ has some stellar chanteusses with fine voices and other assets. The choice of pre-fallen-modern clothing helps very much.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.