Thursday, November 3, 2022

Hitting Pause ...

La traversée de la Bérézina en 1812
Jan Hoynck van Papendrecht
(Source)
The painting? Well, it's Napoleonic, that's for sure, but mostly it's there because that's what blogging is like some days. A hard slog.

As I have a ready-made excuse to knock it off for a few days (The Nuke and her tribe are visiting for a long weekend), I'm hitting the pause button on posting.

Truth be told, I need the break. The bathroom renovation isn't quite finished yet (we're still waiting for the shower door to be installed and one light to be repaired, apparently when hooking up new stuff the electrician disconnected one of the existing lines) and that is very stressful, more so for The Missus Herself than for me, but you know what they say -

Happy wife, happy life.

And its corollary -

Stressed out wife, welcome to Hell ...

Yeah, it doesn't rhyme but it's true.

I know she's looking forward to spoiling our youngest grandson, as am I.

But Dear God, will this renovation ever end?

So I may not "see" you again until a week from now. Juvat, Beans, and Tuna have been notified, I believe Tuna has something for Saturday, but they only need to write if they really, really want to. Last I checked, they have lives too.

So there might be some dead air around here for the next cuppla ...

We shall see.




20 comments:

  1. Enjoy the visit and your pause Sarge, and remember......"Yes Dear, No Dear" are the recommended response until the renovation is completed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You forgot one, "No Excuse Dear," to continue the theme.

      Delete
  2. Sarge, I feel that the painting represents any remodel, any century.

    Have a wonderful week with the family (and hopefully, the renovation completes).

    I have high expectations of everyone else in the meantime...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting my electrical box changed today, pricy but it needs to be replaced and updated. By the time we're done the frame will be the only original equipment left!

      Delete
  3. Remodel. Yuk! I've done a few things around this old hovel. No one to complain to but meself. All the knob and tube is gone now. Time to insulate the attic. Joys never cease!! Have a good week spoiling the wife and grand kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take some time with family! Every regular reader here has your back with prayer and best wishes for a great week with kids and the grand ones. We love ya man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And as always, that's good to know, Dave. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Remodeling can be a PITA but the end result is worth it. I make it a point to comply with the directives of "Lipstick 6", aka "She Who Must Be Obeyed"...
    Please enjoy your break. Like the others here, I'll be waiting for the next installment.
    :-)
    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crusty Old TV Tech here. Yeah, I have a bathroom with half of one wall opened up right now. Plumbing done, electrical done, bracing for new things to hang off the wall done. Just need to hang the sheetrock, tape, float, and paint. The part I hate the most. Base Commander is beginning to get the "approaching project ETRO" look...I do not want to experience the "project ETRO exceeded" session! Your daily scrivenings will be missed, and anticipated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be back, just need a break. That I get to play with my grandson is the icing on the cake to the long weekend.

      Delete
  7. Enjoy your break, Sarge. My, that fellow in the river is having a very bad day. Don't fall in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fellow commanding the engineers at the Berezina, Jean Baptiste Eblé, spent a lot of time in that river with his men, trying to keep those bridges up. He died of exposure shortly after leaving Russia.

      Delete
  8. The pet names for everyone's Mrs. are great. The War Department has been eyeballing a couple of cracked tiles in our big bathroom, which makes me nervous. The ever-changing honey-do list has had the bathroom on there since we bought the house, but the list keeps on growing and the priority tasking keeps changing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarge, it just occurred to me to say this; you've got the soul of an Infantryman.
    Boat Guy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take that as a compliment of the highest order.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.