Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Airy Merry Christmas

The picture of the S-3B with Santa splattered on the nose probably wasn't an original idea.  When searching the interwebs and my own collection for the various Viking pics the other day, I came across the following similarly themed paint-job:


But that got me to thinking about a bunch of Christmas Cards I had found several years back.  I don't remember where I picked them up, and I haven't seen them in stores since, but I guess you can get them from Stonehousecollection.com.  They were a big hit with my Navy buddies, several of whom had left Naval service for the big leagues, but everyone appreciated the theme.  They're fun, aviation-relevant, and even more to my style- a bit irreverent.  Be advised, no animals or elves were harmed in the making of these cards (or this post).  Here you go:










Those are the ones I remember from the pack, but I found a couple others:





And the most irreverent picture I found isn't from the card collection at all, but it is kind of cool. 

Parents are urged to be cautious as the picture contains some material that parents might consider inappropriate for children under 13 years.


Santa-BREAK RIGHT- CHAFF- FLARES!  Hope you make it.

5 comments:

  1. Everyone knows he has a protective force-field shield!

    Fun cards, thx
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were fun to see! Thanks for sharing, Sarge!
    Have a great Christmas with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love starting the day with a big laugh - thank you, and have a wonderful & blessed Christmas, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good ones, I need to order those again for next year! :-) Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.