Tuesday, September 3, 2013

In August Company

Lex, Padre Harvey and HMS Defiant
HMS Defiant, Your Humble Scribe and Tuna
au·gust
ôˈgəst/
adjective
1. respected and impressive.
"she was in august company"
synonyms: distinguished, respected, eminent, venerable, hallowed, illustrious,prestigious, renowned, celebrated, honored, acclaimed, esteemed,exalted; great, important, lofty, noble; imposing, impressive, awe-inspiring, stately, grand, dignified
"our august guests"

Here's the account from HMS Defiant.

Humbled I was. Yes indeed.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. With one exception (me) they were all distinguished officers in the Naval Service. (How did an Air Force MSgt wind up in such company? Just lucky I guess!)

      Delete
    2. How did an Air Force MSgt wind up in such company?

      Slumming?

      ::He ducks. He runs.::

      Delete
    3. I could frighten you both with a single story of standing next to a C-141, fuel sleeting off the wings, in Bahrain, in the company of not one but 3 MSgts who were each calling themselves the Loadmaster. Perhaps I shall.

      It was a fun time. Sorry I missed you in VA this time.

      Delete
    4. I'm sorry, too, Curtis. All kidding aside, I would have LOVED to have a beer or three with ya. You SHOULD tell that story, too!

      Delete
    5. No doubt it would take Sandy Eggo a while to recover from two retired Air Force Master Sergeant bloggers being in the same place at the same time. (Neither of whom would claim to be "the" Loadmaster.)

      And Curtis, I agree with Buck. That's a story which needs to be told. The phrase "fuel sheeting off the wings" got my attention.

      Delete
  2. I can tell a sea story that will make you laugh but I'm not sure I am in DDLM or Lex class. Perhaps the Flower, corvette class. I had a lash at it just now.

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.