Sunday, September 8, 2013

Mea Culpa


When I look for images to accompany my blog posts, I rely heavily on Google Images. Sometimes the images have a clear provenance of where they came from, sometimes they don't. While the Internet is very much a free-for-all, sometimes toes get trodden upon.

In The Friday Flyby from the 9th of August I apparently used a couple of photos claimed by the site noted in the image above. A most excellent site, the existence of which I just discovered today. A site I highly recommend. Aces of WW2 has excellent data on the men who flew in WWII, and were experts at it. The aces.

Sometimes you can tell where a photo or image came from, sometimes you can't. Nevertheless my apologies to Aces of WW2. You've got a great website and I would not want to steal your thunder, ever. (Borrow maybe, but only with the proper credit where credit is due!)

2 comments:

  1. I've had the same problem on occasion. Usually, the folks I inadvertently steal stuff from are very gracious :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well so far, just one. And the guy was really cool about it.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.