Monday, September 23, 2013

Milestones

Yup, went over 100,000 hits this past week. Feeling very froggy we are. (I would have mentioned it earlier but I forgot, it took the next milestone to remind me of this one. It is old we are getting!)


On Sunday, Big Girl hit 100,000 miles on the old odometer. For those of you who don't know who (or what) the Big Girl is, go read this. For those who perhaps don't wish to hit that link, let me just say that the Big Girl is my personal automotive conveyance. My vehicle. My means of transport. You know, my car. Though technically she may be better described as a "Sport Utility Vehicle" or "SUV". (At least that's what the speeding ticket I was awarded down along the Eastern Shore of old Virginny called her.)

Some would call her a "toaster on wheels".

Okay, so she's kinda "boxy" looking.
It seemed particularly appropriate that my trusty vehicle hit that particular milestone on Sunday, as it involved driving the Nuke to the airport. The Nuke was Big Girl's first owner. Of course, if you followed that link, you know that. If not, go back and check it out now. The rest of us will wait for you.

"Alright, take ten, smoke 'em if ya got 'em."

Okay, we're all up to speed now. Right?

Anyhoo...

100,000 hits on the blog. 100,000 miles on the personal commuting device. Big milestones pour moi.

Et vous?

20 comments:

  1. When did you last change the timing belt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Element has a timing chain, not a timing belt. In theory it will last as long as the engine.

      Delete
  2. Grats on the page views... you are RAPIDLY progressing, eh?

    On the car... I think it's fairly easy to rack up 100K miles on a vehicle these days, or at least it's easier than it used ta be. I've only owned one car that had over 100K on the clock when I was done with it and that was my '83 Baby Beemer, which had about 120K on her when we parted company. The Green Hornet MIGHT have got there had I not been retired for ten of her 12 years with me (the proverbial "it belonged to a little old lady [strike that "lady" thang] man who only drove her to the store and church on Sundays [strike the church thang, too] the bar"). She had sumthin' like 68K on the clock when I gifted her to grandson Sean, but TGH and I were together for slightly over 12 years. That said, TGH and I DID go from coast-to-coast and all over NM. A great car, she was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to be kind of popular. But I do believe that I got to "stand on the shoulders of giants" to get here. Stated another way, I had some good examples to show me the way.

      Yes, it is pretty easy to rack up 100K nowadays. Of course, a lot of mileage between here and Norfolk. 1100 miles round trip.

      Delete
    2. Agree with Buck. Between my pickup, my wife's SUV and my daughter's smaller SUV, we've got ~500K. Newest vehicle hasn't had a payment for 5 years and all are still running great.

      Delete
    3. Life is good when all of your vehicles are paid for and run great.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! It's a heady feeling, no? And dangerously addictive. You hit the first 100K and then start jonesing for the next one. You start calculating average daily hits, estimating the next milestone and getting increasingly giddy as it get's closer. Then you become PISSED and wirecutter, with your daily 10K hits and your millions of career hits, and you become drunk with power. It's a hell of a ride. :-)
    ps, the momvan has 181K on the odometer, going for 200K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angel. Yeah, it's been a heck of a ride so far.

      Whoa, the momvan is closing on 200K? Nice!

      Delete
    2. 1995 GMC with all the high tech of that time, AM/FM/casette and a TV/VCR combo. :-) But I can work on it, it's paid for, and the cute chicks enjoy it.

      Delete
  4. It seems like only yesterday you were at 75000.Congrats and keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of our cars are over 100k.
    You'd almost expect that of the Mustang because it's a '94.
    The Accord got a workout from '06, when it was branny new, to '08 because we were on the road all over California a lot (46k).
    It just 105k this last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A '94 Mustang? Have you ever posted pictures of it at your place?

      As to your Accord, similar circumstances for the Big Girl. Though she's an '05, the Nuke was at sea a lot in the early days. Later Big Girl had a lot of back and forth to Norfolk miles put on her.

      Delete
    2. In 2010 late August and early September there is at least one shot.
      I will search for it later and give you the link... more if I can find them.

      Delete
    3. I found this one.

      I'm thinking maybe it's time for a car post.

      Delete
    4. Nice looking ride. You kinda-sorta neglected to mention she's a convertible. Increases the "cool factor" it does. (In more ways than one, depending on weather!)

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.