Thursday, September 3, 2026

As the Summer Fades ...

OAFS Photo
The Missus Herself landed safely in Korea after a flight of some fourteen hours and change. I remember that flight well, having done it a number of times. The Pacific is a very big ocean, from altitude it's miles and miles of nothing but sea and cloud.

I awakened in the very wee hours of Wednesday and decided to check FlightAware for the progress of milady's flight. Let me backtrack first ...

Her trip started on Saturday last when she flew out to Las Vegas where she would meet up with two of her sisters, the ones who would be traveling with her to Korea. One sister lives in Las Vegas, the other is but a "short" drive away in Arizona, five hours give or take, short compared to the way to Maryland and over some rather inhospitable terrain as well.

Her flight to Korea left late on Tuesday, Vegas time, early on Wednesday, Little Rhody time. So, where was I?

Ah yes, I awakened in the wee hours and thought to check her progress. Somewhere off the southern coast of Alaska as it were. I had gone to bed very late, last minute chat with The Missus Herself before boarding, dontcha know. Hit the rack around 0230. Around 0500 I needed to have a pee. Now there's a danger in awakening the brain in the middle of the night ...

Source
The brain was now fully awake and refused to reenter REM sleep.

So at or about 0700 I dragged my tired ass out of bed, had breakfast and said to myself, "I can always take a nap later."

Thing is though, I don't nap, once I go down, I go down hard. Unless it's the middle of the night and I've got loved ones traveling over large bodies of water.

Yeah, four hours is really plenty of sleep.

Compared to no hours.

Been there, done that.

It's tiresome.

I'd write more but I need to sleep ...

Ciao!



1 comment:

  1. Yah Sarge......a loved one....distance....long flight time......very different time zones........who needs sleep eh? :)

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.