Saturday, August 31, 2024

Who Is Working for Who?

PxHere
Loshchilov, Koltsov, Savelievna, and Borisovna were gathered in the large sitting room of Loshchilov's and Savelievna's room. Koltsov had laid out the information he had gathered on the chalet, its current occupants, and its permanent staff.

Koltsov looked up at Loshchilov who nodded and said, "What do you have for us, Iosif Semyonovich?"

"There are three permanent staff at the chalet, which Obrecht cleverly calls das Haus der Macht, the House of Power, there is a gardener/handyman, a cook, and a maid, all of whom are Swiss nationals, all from this region, all native German speakers. The maid, one Fiona Stahler, also speaks English, French, Italian, and is conversant in Russian. Obrecht is the sole owner of the place, which he purchased through an agent in late 2025, he paid cash."

"Obrecht lives there full time, he has an office within Zürich for his import/export business, of which there is almost no record of exactly what it is they import and export. The Swiss don't mind as he pays his taxes on time and employs a number of local people.'

"Currently there are six more people in residence at the chalet: Rafael de Lima, Portuguese, Pierre Mallet, French, Elihu Baum, Israeli, Tahara Yoshimatsu, Japanese, Aziz Haghighi, Iranian, and Ruben Klerk, South African. All of them are extremely wealthy and all of them seem to be in a conspiracy with our very own Kliment Ilyich Kargin. Who thinks he is running the show."

Loshchilov interrupted Koltsov's briefing at this point, "Now what you all don't know is that Kliment Ilyich thinks that I work for him as well. Just as he thinks that he is the man in charge of this group in Zürich."

Savelievna looked up in shock, she half expected Loshchilov to pull out a pistol and kill them all. But the man was smiling. Koltsov looked completely unsurprised as did Borisovna.

Loshchilov turned to her and smiled at her shocked look. "My dear Angelika Zakryatina, you are new to our little group. You should know then that I am fiercely loyal to the Rodina¹ and would no more betray my country than I would my mother. I served with Maksim Vladimirovich² in Ukraine, he is one of my very closest friends. This man Kargin and his group of wealthy bastards under Obrecht are scum. They threaten the peace of the world and do so for monetary gain."

"Kargin is upset with Obrecht and wants me to send a 'message' to Obrecht and his people, essentially he wants me to butcher Obrecht in front of the others. Then Kargin will run things directly."

"However, our President knows of this, he has ordered me to take out the entire cabal here in Zürich. He also wants an example made of Kargin."

When Loshchilov finished speaking, the others sat in stunned silence. Koltsov, for one, had thought that Kargin was sanctioned by the State. To discover that he was just another wealthy, corrupt oligarch, made him sick to his stomach. He too considered himself a Russian patriot.

Loshchilov smiled then looked around at his colleagues, "Are any of you in any doubt as to who we serve?"

They all shook their heads, Koltsov spoke the old phrase from the days of the USSR, "I serve the State, Svyatoslav Petrovich, I serve the Rodina!"

The women nodded their heads, Loshchilov knew that this team was a good one.

"Now my dear Iosif Semyonovich, how do we destroy this nest of vipers without harming any Swiss nationals or embarrassing the Swiss state. Also you need to factor in Kargin, can he be lured to the chalet? Then we can eliminate them all."

Koltsov grinned, "Given Kargin's ego, that should be no problem at all."


Kliment Ilyich Kargin was back at his apartment in Moscow, his burner phone rang, it was Loshchilov.

"Slava my friend, how are you?"

"Enjoying a very pleasant stay in Zürich. I was wondering if you would be able to come visit this time?"

"Ah, do you miss me, old chum?"

"Of course, but I have some business outside of the city that I believe you would be very interested in. I would like you there when the deal is made."

Kargin thought that odd, but then again, he would love to see the look on that Nazi swine's face when Loshchilov put a bullet into him. Obrecht was a pig, Kargin was suddenly very interested in seeing him butchered.

"I can be there tomorrow night? Is this acceptable?"

"Of course, Kliment Ilyich, we're having the meeting the next morning. You can have nice meal and a good night's sleep beforehand."

"I look forward to it. I will see you tomorrow, Slava."


Loshchilov put his phone away and smiled.

"You were right, Iosif Semyonovich, Kargin's ego is vast. He'll be arriving in Zürich tomorrow night. I want to destroy the House of Power the very next day," he thought for a moment, "that gives us roughly 36 hours to prepare and set things up. Is that sufficient, Iosif Semyonovich?"

"It should be, I think we should make it look like a terrorist attack. Some previously little known Middle Eastern or African group with a hatred of Obrecht and his type."

"I daresay, we could probably find any number of such people to do the job for us." Loshchilov said.

Koltsov nodded, "They will probably take credit for the act even if they didn't do it."

Loshchilov nodded, "I'm sure they will."

Then he clapped his hands, "Ladies, can I offer you dinner while Iosif Semyonovich works his magic?"

Savelievna said, "I'd love to."

Borisovna demurred with a grin, "I will stay and help Koltsov, what sort of wife would I be to leave him here at his work while I party with you two?"

Loshchilov grinned, "Well then, Angelika Zakryatina, let's leave these two love birds to their work. You and I are going to the elmira, I ate there the other day with Herr Klerk, the food is superb."

"What if we run into this Klerk?"

"He knows I'm in Zürich with a team, he would not think it odd. However, I do believe that Obrecht is making them all stay at the chalet for a few days."

He offered her his arm, "Let us be off them, I am famished."




¹ Motherland (Russian - Родина).
² The Russian President, see this post.

28 comments:

  1. Ah, plans within plans.......can think of a few billionaires who could use this kind of treatment Sarge....... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Because it isn't, even the Michelin guide lists it with the small "e." No doubt an affectation of sorts.

      Delete
    2. That is what I suspected. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Well...I hadn't expected that 990 degree turn! I could quibble that serving the State (Party) and serving the Motherland are not exactly equal. Родина (Motherlands, aka Holy Mother Russia) bering held in just slightly less reverence than Богородица (Theotokos, Mother of God, Dei Genitrix for those of you who still have your Latin).

    Да здравствует Родина!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Serving the State no longer means serving the Party (which is gone), but serving the government. But yes, to a true Russian the Rodina comes first. Probably why Stalin pounded on that after the Germans invaded, no one wants to die for a group of corrupt politicians.

      Delete
    2. Interestingly enough, first recorded Polish anthem is Bogurodzica, hymn in Polish to , you guessed it, Theotokos herself. For those who would like to hear it, try finding Battle of Grunwald scene from the 1960 epic movie Knights of the Cross. That aside, it would be hard to find a Russian who asked to serve Motherland would refuse. Even those who allied themselves with Germans in WW2 had the first in mind delivery of Russia from communism.

      Delete
    3. https://youtu.be/NrhHjoyaHdo?si=0yvAR7XAyodDpkQo and the hymn itself

      Delete
  4. There are moments I think I should make an org chart. I'm glad I'm only a victim in their scheming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The People's Commissariat On Grammar is of the opinion that the title should be "Who Is Working for Whom." Accusative case. (По-русски: "Кто на кого работает?")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't care, sounds better as is. Call it artistic license.

      Delete
    2. I agree with Joe. And Buck would also agree with Joe. So... well... Guess we're stuck with Who...Who.

      Now, if they were working for a Mongolian metal band, it would be "Who is Working for Hu."

      Delete
    3. I see that Conan the Grammarian lives.

      Delete
    4. Funny, Mrs. Andrew and I just watched Arnold in "Conan the Barbarian" last night. Still a pretty darned good movie.

      Delete
    5. Sorry, Sarge; count me with Conan. Had there not been a comment to reply to; I'd have had to start one.
      Eternal vigilance is the price of good language/writing.
      Boat Guy

      Delete
  6. Evil will, in the end, always devour itself. Sometimes it just takes a bit of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And far too many innocents suffer in that time.

      Delete
  7. Quite the schwerpunkt, n'est cest pas? (It's Switzerland, they do both German and French there, right?)

    Now the question is, is the hit going to take place before the canned sunshine lights up the City of Light?

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.