Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Mug


Other Bullet: "So LUSH, why are you ordering a VFA-2 mug for CAG?"

LUSH: "I'm not."


Other Bullet: "That is a VFA-2 mug, right?"

LUSH: "Yup."

Other Bullet: "And that does say 'CAG' on the order form, does it not?"

LUSH: "Yup."

Other Bullet: "So, why are you ordering a VFA-2 mug for CAG?"

LUSH: "I'm not, it's for my Dad?"

Other Bullet [Eyebrows shooting skywards]: "You're Dad's a CAG!!??"

LUSH: "Nope."

Other Bullet [Looking very confused]: "..."

LUSH: "Those are my Dad's initials, C. A. G."

Other Bullet: "Oh, okay. I get it. I think..."

And so during the recent visit of two of my offspring and the senior granddaughter I was presented with that mug in the opening photo. I do believe The WSO (aka LUSH) had the idea after reading an old post of mine. This one.

Knowing my love of things that fly (and go fast) she thought I would like the mug to add to my growing collection of Naval paraphernalia. Said paraphernalia consisting of any number of ball caps, t-shirts, cigarette lighters, patches, coins and what-have you.

She was right, absolutely correct. I can't wait to try it out.

8 comments:

  1. It's hard to tell from the picture, but Coffee or Beer? I bet Guinness would taste extra good for one if the latter.

    To Lush: Bravo Zulu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the "Nugget model" as it has no "This Side Up" warning and arrow. Must be for Senior Sarge. Way cool. regards, Alemaster

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... my growing collection of Naval paraphernalia. Said paraphernalia consisting of any number of ball caps, t-shirts, cigarette lighters, patches, coins and what-have you.

    I have one of those collections too! I prefer to call that stuff "Naval propaganda" as opposed to "Naval paraphernalia." One wonders if ALL Squids are proselytizers, by definition, or is it just Squids with Air Force fathers? Yet another sweet mystery of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my case I actually collect the stuff. The kids would not have rendered all this swag unto me had I not asked for it many moons ago.

      I do like the Navy.

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.