Monday, September 30, 2024

Awww, Dentist for Tuna, juvat!*

 Yes, Folks, it is decidedly "Pick on Tuna" day here in the Lone Star State.  Why you ask?  Well, I found a video which I believe will serve him in good stead as he advances into the ranks of the "Elderly".  Now, using my artistic license, I define elderly as a moving variable (E).  The formula for that variable's value is thus:

E>1 + JA** (in years)

Now, there is a second formula which also defines Elderly.  That one is 

E=JA (in years)-1 

One can only be in one grouping or the others. This will be apparent shortly as this week's lesson to be learned is aimed at the second grouping.

So, on with the show. 

Mrs. J and I were in the truck headed eastword.  While we were not going TO Austin, we were headed to Dripping Springs which 20 years ago was a very small town well away from Austin.  Now, it's a suburb for the Austin Borg.  We were going to visit our friend from Texas Hills Winery.  I don't know if I'd mentioned her husband had passed away last year (it was a pretty rotten year all round).  She has just completed selling the winery and has bought a house in Dripping (the locals drop the "Spring" part).  Mrs J. needed to discuss with her the Wine River cruise coming up in November that our friend's going to be the MC for.  I wanted to drink a little wine.  

Win/Win!

Dinner was excellent, as was the wine.  As we're heading home, Mrs J is surfing videos on her phone.  She's laughing quite hard and I ask what's going on.  She replied that she had found a video that I "HAD" to post on this morning's blog.

So it is written, So it shall be!


The video is the 12 commandments for Senior Citizens. I think they're funny, along with a modicum of truth contained within.

So, Tuna, take them to heart, learn them and feel free to start applying them because you're rapidly approaching the age at which they become truthful.

BTW, #5 is particularly accurate at least as as far as I'm concerned.

Enjoy and...Peace Out Y'all!


* Actually it's "Audentes fortuna juvat". Or, Fortune favors the Bold.   This was the "Motto" of the 80TFS "The Juvats" of which I was a member.  Youngest guy in the squadron.  Learned a lot from the "older generation" the 30YO Captains and the 40YO Majors. The attached title is just a thought I had on the way home from Dripping and it stuck with me for some reason.  Besides, Tuna doesn't get enough grief around here.  Thought I'd fix that a bit.  Sue me!

**You'll have to think about that one.  I'm not going to define it.


1 comment:

  1. Yah......#5 has hit here also, there's always one item forgotten........ :)

    ReplyDelete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.