Monday, July 8, 2013

The Air Museum at Pungo May Go Under

The Museum's B-17, "Chuckie"
When I read this over at Bring the Heat, Bring the Stupid I couldn't believe it. Apparently the Air Museum at Pungo (Virginia Beach) may go under and their magnificent aircraft collection sold off.

I've written of this magnificent jewel of an air museum before, it is truly a wonderful place. Particularly as many of the aircraft in their collection are flyable!

Is there anything we can do to save this jewel of the South?

If you have ideas, let me know.

I love that museum. It would truly suck to see it go away.

6 comments:

  1. '"I'm subsidizing it heavily every year and my business no longer allows me to do that financially, and therefore I don't have a solution for it," he said."
    http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Va-Beach-man-selling-historic-plane-collection-4619353.php
    it is my understanding that the money he made from his technical schools was used to support the museum.
    http://hamptonroads.com/2013/06/va-beach-museum-owner-selling-plane-collection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grok that. What can we, as private citizens do, (if anything) to keep this place going?

      Delete
  2. Well, THAT sucks. (He said, displaying his immediate grasp of the obvious.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm willing to adopt that museum and move it up here if donations can be raised. Got 8,500 feet of runway for those flyable exhibits. And naturally, planes feel bad when not flown, so in the interest of taking good care of them and keeping them happy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I like about you, always willing to step up and help.

      And you've already got the guard dog. (How does Murphy feel about guarding airplanes? Can he put in the extra time? That is when he's not intervening in domestic disputes...)

      Delete

Just be polite... that's all I ask. (For Buck)
Can't be nice, go somewhere else...

NOTE: Comments on posts over 5 days old go into moderation, automatically.